Table of Contents
The Tarleton State Texans (8-7, 2-1 WAC) are underdogs (by 9 points) to break a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Sam Houston Bearkats (11-4, 1-2 WAC) on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at 5:30 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 128.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bearkats vs. Texans
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 5:30 PM ET
- Location: Huntsville, Texas
- Arena: Bernard Johnson Coliseum
Sam Houston Betting Stats & Information
- Sam Houston has been favored on the moneyline five times this season. They’ve finished 4-1 in those games.
- The Bearkats have not played as a moneyline favorite of -459 or shorter.
- The Bearkats are 8-4-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 9-point underdogs this year, the Texans are 1-1 against the spread.
- Sam Houston’s average total in outings this year has been 134.6, 6.1 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
Tarleton State Betting Stats & Info
- Tarleton State has won two of the nine games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Texans have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +344 odds on them winning this game.
- The Texans’ ATS record is 5-7-0 this year.
- The Texans are 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 9 points or more this season.
- Tarleton State’s games this season have averaged an over/under of 141.2 points, 12.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Sam Houston vs. Tarleton State Season Stat Comparison
|Sam Houston Rank||Sam Houston AVG||Tarleton State AVG||Tarleton State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Sam Houston Bearkats Leaders
- Qua Grant leads the Bearkats in points and assists per game, scoring 14.1 points and distributing 3.9 assists.
- Javion May is Sam Houston’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 4.7 boards in each contest while scoring 4.9 points per game.
- The Bearkats get the most three-point shooting production out of Donte Powers, who makes 2.1 threes per game.
Tarleton State Texans Leaders
- Freddy Hicks has the top spot on the Texans leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 17.9 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
- Tarleton State’s assist leader is Shakur Daniel with three per game. He also records 8.9 points per game and tacks on 3.5 rebounds per game.
- Lue Williams is consistent from distance and leads the Texans with 1.6 made threes per game.