Table of Contents
The Maryland Terrapins (10-5, 1-3 Big Ten) host the No. 24 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-4, 2-1 Big Ten) in a matchup of Big Ten teams at Xfinity Center, tipping off at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 8, 2023. The Terrapins are 1-point favorites in the game. The over/under for the matchup is 137.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Terrapins vs. Buckeyes
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Location: College Park, Maryland
- Arena: Xfinity Center
Maryland Betting Stats & Information
- Maryland has won nine of 10 games when the moneyline favorite this season (90%).
- The Terrapins have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -118 or shorter.
- The Terrapins are 8-6-1 ATS this season.
- The Buckeyes have a 1-3 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 1 point or more this year.
- The average point total for Maryland’s games this season is three fewer points than the over/under of 137.5 in this matchup.
Ohio State Betting Stats & Info
- Ohio State has been underdogs in four games this season and won one (25%) of those contests.
- The Buckeyes have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than -103.
- The Buckeyes are 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 1-point underdogs this year, the Buckeyes are 1-3 against the spread.
- The average point total for Ohio State this season is 7.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Maryland vs. Ohio State Season Stat Comparison
|Maryland Rank||Maryland AVG||Ohio State AVG||Ohio State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Maryland Terrapins Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Terrapins is Jahmir Young, who scores 13.9 points and distributes three assists per game.
- Maryland’s best rebounder is Julian Reese, who averages 6.7 boards per game in addition to his 10 PPG average.
- Don Carey leads the Terrapins in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Ohio State Buckeyes Leaders
- Brice Sensabaugh averages 16.3 points per game and is the top scorer for the Buckeyes.
- The Ohio State leaders in rebounding and assists are Zed Key with 7.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.4 points and one assist per game) and Bruce Thornton with 3.5 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.2 points and 3.1 rebounds per game).
- Sensabaugh is reliable from three-point range and leads the Buckeyes with 1.9 made threes per game.