Table of Contents
Two struggling teams hit the court when the Texas Southern Tigers (4-12, 0-3 SWAC) visit the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-16, 0-3 SWAC) on Monday, January 9, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET. The Delta Devils are 9-point underdogs as they attempt to break a 12-game losing streak against the Tigers, who have lost three straight. The over/under in the matchup is 133.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Delta Devils
- Game Day: Monday, January 9, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi
- Arena: Harrison HPER Complex
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Texas Southern is 1-4 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 20%).
- The Tigers have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -467 or shorter.
- The Tigers have gone 4-10-0 ATS this season.
- The Delta Devils are 11-5 against the spread when an underdog by 9 points or more this year.
- Texas Southern’s average total in matchups this season has been 141.7, 8.7 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Stats & Info
- Mississippi Valley State has entered the game as underdogs 14 times this season and won once.
- The Delta Devils have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +335 odds on them winning this game.
- The Delta Devils have an 11-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 9 points or more, the Delta Devils have an 11-5 record against the spread.
- Mississippi Valley State’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 130.6 points, 2.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Texas Southern vs. Mississippi Valley State Season Stat Comparison
|Texas Southern Rank||Texas Southern AVG||Mississippi Valley State AVG||Mississippi Valley State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Tigers this season is Davon Barnes, who averages 15.1 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas leads Texas Southern in rebounding, averaging 9.1 per game, while PJ Henry leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.2 in each contest.
- Henry leads the Tigers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils Leaders
- Rayquan Brown sits atop the Delta Devils leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 14.7 points and 7.9 rebounds per game.
- Terry Collins’ assist statline paces Mississippi Valley State; he racks up 1.6 assists per game.
- Collins is the most prolific from deep for the Delta Devils, hitting 2.1 threes per game.