Table of Contents
The Pepperdine Waves (7-10, 0-3 WCC) are just 1.5-point underdogs as they look to break a five-game road losing streak when they visit the San Diego Toreros (8-10, 1-3 WCC) on Thursday, January 12, 2023 at Jenny Craig Pavilion. The contest airs at 10:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 157.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Toreros vs. Waves
- Game Day: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Arena: Jenny Craig Pavilion
San Diego Betting Stats & Information
- San Diego has a 4-5 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 44.4% of those games).
- The Toreros have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -128 or shorter.
- The Toreros have a 5-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Waves are 0-5 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year.
- San Diego’s average point total in matchups this year is 153.2, 4.3 points below the over/under in this game.
Pepperdine Betting Stats & Info
- Pepperdine has been the underdog in five games this season, and it has failed to win any of those contests.
- The Waves have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +105.
- The Waves are 5-10-0 against the spread this season.
- The Waves are 0-5 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or greater this season.
- Pepperdine’s games this season have averaged an over/under of 155.6 points, 1.9 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
San Diego vs. Pepperdine Season Stat Comparison
|San Diego Rank||San Diego AVG||Pepperdine AVG||Pepperdine Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
San Diego Toreros Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Toreros this season is Jase Townsend, who averages 14.9 points, 3.6 rebounds, and three assists per game.
- Eric Williams Jr. is San Diego’s leading rebounder, grabbing 9.9 per game, while Seikou Sisoho Jawara is its best passer, distributing 3.4 assists in each contest.
- Jawara makes more threes per game than any other member of the Toreros, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
Pepperdine Waves Leaders
- Maxwell Lewis is the top scorer for the Waves with 20.1 points per game. He also tacks on 6.2 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game to his statistics.
- Jevon Porter puts up a stat line of 7.2 rebounds, 11.1 points and 0.6 assists per game for Pepperdine to take the top rebound spot on the team. Mike Mitchell Jr. holds the top spot for assists with 4.9 per game, adding 10.7 points and 4.4 rebounds per matchup.
- Mitchell averages 2.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Waves.