Table of Contents
The Texas A&M-Commerce Lions (6-11, 2-1 Southland) visit the Houston Baptist Huskies (4-12, 1-2 Southland) in a matchup of Southland teams at Sharp Gymnasium, beginning at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 12, 2023. The Lions are 4-point favorites in the game. The over/under in the matchup is set at 151.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Lions vs. Huskies
- Game Day: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Sharp Gymnasium
Texas A&M-Commerce Betting Stats & Information
- Texas A&M-Commerce has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and it split the two games.
- The Lions have not played as a moneyline favorite of -188 or shorter.
- The Lions have gone 9-6-1 ATS this season.
- The Huskies are 3-8 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this year.
- The average point total in Texas A&M-Commerce’s games this year is 8.4 fewer points than the over/under of 151 in this matchup.
Houston Baptist Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Houston Baptist has been the underdog 10 times and won one of those games.
- The Huskies have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +149.
- The Huskies are 4-9-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 4-point underdogs this year, the Huskies are 3-8 against the spread.
- The average point total for Houston Baptist this season is 11.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Texas A&M-Commerce vs. Houston Baptist Season Stat Comparison
|Texas A&M-Commerce Rank||Texas A&M-Commerce AVG||Houston Baptist AVG||Houston Baptist Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas A&M-Commerce Lions Leaders
- The Lions leader in points and rebounds is Demarcus Demonia, who scores 16.8 points and grabs 5.4 boards per game.
- Texas A&M-Commerce’s best passer is Alonzo Dodd, who averages 2.1 assists per game to go with his 4 PPG scoring average.
- Demonia makes more threes per game than any other member of the Lions, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.6 per contest.
Houston Baptist Huskies Leaders
- Brycen Long scores 14.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Huskies.
- The Houston Baptist leaders in rebounding and assists are Bonke Maring with 6.1 rebounds per game (he also adds 14.4 points and 1.3 assists per game) and Andrew King with 3.6 assists per game (he also tacks on 8.4 points and 3.9 rebounds per game).
- Long is dependable from distance and leads the Huskies with 2.9 made threes per game.