Table of Contents
A pair of streaking teams hit the court when the Southern Jaguars (8-9, 4-0 SWAC) host the Grambling Tigers (10-6, 3-1 SWAC) on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at 4:00 PM ET. The Jaguars are 3.5-point favorites and put their four-game win streak on the line against the Tigers, who have won three straight. The over/under is set at 138.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Jaguars vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Arena: F. G. Clark Center
Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Southern has gone 3-2 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 60%).
- The Jaguars have not played a game with moneyline odds of -170 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Jaguars have compiled an 11-4-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this season, the Tigers are 3-4 against the spread.
- The average over/under Southern has had in its games this year is 11.1 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Grambling Betting Stats & Info
- Grambling has been underdogs in nine games this season and won four (44.4%) of those contests.
- The Tigers have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +143.
- So far this year, the Tigers have compiled a 7-7-0 record against the spread.
- When they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year, the Tigers are 3-4 against the spread.
- The average point total for Grambling this season is 6.9 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern vs. Grambling Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Rank||Southern AVG||Grambling AVG||Grambling Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- The Jaguars scoring leader is Bryson Etienne, who averages 11.6 per contest to go with 3.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists.
- Terrell Williams Jr. is Southern’s leading rebounder, pulling down 3.9 per game, while P.J. Byrd is its best passer, distributing 6.3 assists in each contest.
- The Jaguars get the most three-point shooting production out of Etienne, who makes 2.2 threes per game.
Grambling Tigers Leaders
- Cameron Christon scores 13.4 points per game and is the top scorer for the Tigers.
- Carte’Are Gordon puts up a stat line of 7.4 rebounds, 12.3 points and 1.7 assists per game for Grambling to take the top rebound spot on the team. Shawndarius Cowart holds the top spot for assists with 3.2 per game, adding 11.2 points and 3.9 rebounds per contest.
- Christon hits 1.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Tigers.