Table of Contents
The Illinois Fighting Illini (12-5, 3-3 Big Ten) are favored (-9) to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the Minnesota Golden Gophers (7-8, 1-4 Big Ten) at 6:00 PM ET on Monday, January 16, 2023 at Williams Arena. The matchup has an over/under set at 137.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Fighting Illini vs. Golden Gophers
- Game Day: Monday, January 16, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Arena: Williams Arena
Illinois Betting Stats & Information
- Illinois has won 63.6% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (7-4).
- The Fighting Illini have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -438 or shorter.
- The Fighting Illini are 10-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Gophers have a 4-0 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 9 points or more this year.
- The average total Illinois has had set in matchups this year is 3.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
Minnesota Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Minnesota has won two out of the 10 games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Golden Gophers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +335 odds on them winning this game.
- The Golden Gophers are 7-8-0 ATS this year.
- When they have played as at least 9-point underdogs this season, the Golden Gophers are 4-0 against the spread.
- The average point total for Minnesota this season is 5.4 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Illinois vs. Minnesota Season Stat Comparison
|Illinois Rank||Illinois AVG||Minnesota AVG||Minnesota Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Illinois Fighting Illini Leaders
- The Fighting Illini leader in rebounds and assist is Coleman Hawkins, who pulls down 6.2 rebounds and gives out 3.5 assists per game along with scoring 10.1 points per contest.
- Terrence Shannon Jr. is Illinois’ leading scorer, tallying 18 per game while tacking on 5.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
- Shannon leads the Fighting Illini in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Minnesota Golden Gophers Leaders
- Dawson Garcia records 15.5 points and 6.7 rebounds per game for the Golden Gophers, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- Ta’Lon Cooper records more assists than any other Minnesota player with 6.3 per game. He also scores 10.7 points and grabs 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Jamison Battle is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Golden Gophers, hitting 2.5 threes per game.