Table of Contents
The Utah Tech Trailblazers (9-8, 1-3 WAC) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Sam Houston Bearkats (12-5, 2-3 WAC) on Saturday, January 14, 2023 at Burns Arena as 5.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 138.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Bearkats vs. Trailblazers
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Saint George, Utah
- Arena: Burns Arena
Sam Houston Betting Stats & Information
- Sam Houston has gone 5-2 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 71.4%).
- The Bearkats have not played as a moneyline favorite of -224 or shorter.
- The Bearkats are 8-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Trailblazers are 3-3 against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this season.
- Sam Houston’s average point total in outings this year is 136.6, 1.4 points fewer than the total in this game.
Utah Tech Betting Stats & Info
- Utah Tech has entered the game as underdogs nine times this season and won twice.
- The Trailblazers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +182 odds on them winning this game.
- The Trailblazers are 9-5-0 against the spread this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 5.5 points or more, the Trailblazers have a 3-3 record against the spread.
- The average over/under for Utah Tech’s games this season is 8.5 more points than the point total of 138 in this outing.
Sam Houston vs. Utah Tech Season Stat Comparison
|Sam Houston Rank||Sam Houston AVG||Utah Tech AVG||Utah Tech Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Sam Houston Bearkats Leaders
- Qua Grant leads the Bearkats in points and assists per game, scoring 13.8 points and distributing 3.9 assists.
- Javion May is Sam Houston’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of five boards in each contest while scoring 4.8 points per game.
- The Bearkats get the most three-point shooting production out of Donte Powers, who makes 2.2 threes per game.
Utah Tech Trailblazers Leaders
- Cameron Gooden’s points (15.6 per game) and assists (3.9 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Trailblazers’ leaderboards.
- Tanner Christensen’s stat line of 7.5 rebounds, 9.9 points and 1.6 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Utah Tech rebounding leaderboard.
- Noa Gonsalves is dependable from three-point range and leads the Trailblazers with 1.9 made threes per game.