Table of Contents
The Texas Southern Tigers (4-14, 0-5 SWAC) are favored (-4) to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the Jackson State Tigers (4-13, 3-1 SWAC) at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, January 16, 2023 at Health & PE Arena. The matchup has a point total of 137.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Monday, January 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Health & PE Arena
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Texas Southern has gone 1-6 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 14.3%).
- The Texas Southern Tigers have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -192 or shorter.
- The Texas Southern Tigers are 4-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Jackson State Tigers have a 9-4 record against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- Texas Southern’s average point total in outings this season is 142.1, 4.6 points higher than the total in this game.
Jackson State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Jackson State has won two out of the 14 games, or 14.3%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Jackson State Tigers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +152 odds on them winning this game.
- The Jackson State Tigers’ ATS record is 10-7-0 this season.
- The Jackson State Tigers have a 9-4 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 4 points or more.
- The average point total for Jackson State this year is 5.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Texas Southern vs. Jackson State Season Stat Comparison
|Texas Southern Rank||Texas Southern AVG||Jackson State AVG||Jackson State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- Davon Barnes leads the Texas Southern Tigers in scoring, tallying 15.6 points per game to go with 4.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas leads Texas Southern in rebounding, averaging 9.1 per game, while Jordan Gilliam leads the team in assists, distributing an average of two in each contest.
- Barnes makes more threes per game than any other member of the Texas Southern Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 0.8 per contest.
Jackson State Tigers Leaders
- The Tigers’ Ken Evans averages enough points (11.1 per game) and assists (3.1 per game) to sit atop the squad’s leaderboards.
- Trace Young is at the top of the Jackson State rebounding leaderboard with 5.8 rebounds per game. He also scores 10.9 points and adds 1.1 assists per game.
- Coltie Young averages 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Jackson State Tigers.