Table of Contents
The Saint Mary’s Gaels (16-4, 5-0 WCC) visit the Pepperdine Waves (7-12, 0-5 WCC) after winning three home road in a row. The Gaels are double-digit favorites by 12 points in the contest, which starts at 11:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 19, 2023. The matchup has a point total of 142.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Gaels vs. Waves
- Game Day: Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Game Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Location: Malibu, California
- Arena: Firestone Fieldhouse
|Saint Mary’s (CA)||-12||142.5|
Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Stats & Information
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has won 82.4% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (14-3).
- The Gaels have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -834 or shorter.
- The Gaels have a 12-6-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Waves have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 12 points or more this season (0-2).
- The average point total in Saint Mary’s (CA)’s games this year is 12.9 fewer points than the over/under of 142.5 in this matchup.
Pepperdine Betting Stats & Info
- Pepperdine has been the underdog in seven games this season, and it has failed to win any of those contests.
- The Waves have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +520 odds on them winning this game.
- The Waves have gone 6-11-0 ATS this season.
- The Waves have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 12 points or more this year (0-2).
- Pepperdine’s games this season have averaged a total of 157.8 points, 15.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Saint Mary’s (CA) vs. Pepperdine Season Stat Comparison
|Saint Mary’s (CA) Rank||Saint Mary’s (CA) AVG||Pepperdine AVG||Pepperdine Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Saint Mary’s Gaels Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Gaels this season is Aidan Mahaney, who averages 15.2 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- Mitchell Saxen is Saint Mary’s (CA)’s leading rebounder, pulling down 8.4 per game, while Logan Johnson is its best passer, averaging 3.9 assists in each contest.
- Alex Ducas leads the Gaels in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Pepperdine Waves Leaders
- Maxwell Lewis is the top scorer for the Waves with 19.6 points per game. He also adds 5.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game to his statistics.
- Pepperdine’s leader in rebounds is Jevon Porter with 6.9 per game, and its leader in assists is Mike Mitchell Jr. with 4.8 per game.
- Mitchell is reliable from deep and leads the Waves with 2.3 made threes per game.