Table of Contents
The Presbyterian Blue Hose (5-14, 1-5 Big South) are 5-point underdogs as they look to stop a five-game losing streak when they visit the South Carolina Upstate Spartans (8-9, 3-3 Big South) on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at G.B. Hodge Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is set at 134.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Spartans vs. Blue Hose
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Arena: G.B. Hodge Center
|South Carolina Upstate||-5||134|
South Carolina Upstate Betting Stats & Information
- South Carolina Upstate has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and it split the two games.
- The Spartans have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -226 or shorter.
- The Spartans have a 7-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Blue Hose are 3-8 against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this year.
- The average over/under South Carolina Upstate has had set in games this season is seven more points than this outing’s point total.
Presbyterian Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Presbyterian has won one out of the 13 games, or 7.7%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Blue Hose have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +178 odds on them winning this game.
- The Blue Hose’s ATS record is 6-11-0 this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 5 points or more, the Blue Hose have a 3-8 record against the spread.
- The average over/under in Presbyterian’s games this year is 0.5 more points than the point total of 134 for this outing.
South Carolina Upstate vs. Presbyterian Season Stat Comparison
|South Carolina Upstate Rank||South Carolina Upstate AVG||Presbyterian AVG||Presbyterian Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
South Carolina Upstate Spartans Leaders
- Jordan Gainey leads the Spartans in scoring, tallying 16.4 points per game to go with 2.2 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- Ahmir Langlais is South Carolina Upstate’s leading rebounder, grabbing 4.5 per game, while Trae Broadnax is its best passer, averaging 2.9 assists in each contest.
- Gainey leads the Spartans in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Presbyterian Blue Hose Leaders
- Jalen Forrest is the top scorer for the Blue Hose with 11.6 points per game. He also adds 3.4 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game to his stats.
- Presbyterian’s leader in rebounds is Marquis Barnett with 5.2 per game, and its leader in assists is Trevon Reddish with 2.3 per game.
- Crosby James makes 1.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Blue Hose.