Table of Contents
The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (13-6, 5-1 WAC) are favored (by 7 points) to continue a six-game home win streak when they host the New Mexico State Aggies (7-11, 0-6 WAC) on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 149.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Thunderbirds vs. Aggies
- Game Day: Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Cedar City, Utah
- Arena: America First Event Center
Southern Utah Betting Stats & Information
- Southern Utah has been the moneyline favorite eight times this season. They’ve gone 6-2 in those games.
- The Thunderbirds have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -293 or shorter.
- The Thunderbirds are 8-5-2 ATS this season.
- The Aggies are 1-0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this year.
- The average over/under Southern Utah has had set in matchups this season is 9.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
New Mexico State Betting Stats & Info
- New Mexico State has been underdogs in nine games this season and won two (22.2%) of those contests.
- The Aggies have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +228.
- The Aggies have a 5-9-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Aggies are 1-0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this season.
- The average point total for New Mexico State this season is 8.1 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern Utah vs. New Mexico State Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Utah Rank||Southern Utah AVG||New Mexico State AVG||New Mexico State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Utah Thunderbirds Leaders
- The Thunderbirds scoring leader is Tevian Jones, who averages 19.4 per contest to go with 3.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
- Southern Utah’s leading rebounder is Harrison Butler averaging 6.5 boards per game and its best passer is Drake Allen and his 3.4 assists per game.
- Jones leads the Thunderbirds in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.8 shots per game from beyond the arc.
New Mexico State Aggies Leaders
- Xavier Pinson averages 12.7 points and adds 4.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Aggies’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Deshawndre Washington’s stat line of 7.2 rebounds, 12.1 points and four assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the New Mexico State rebounding leaderboard.
- Pinson is the top shooter from deep for the Aggies, hitting 1.9 threes per game.