Table of Contents
The Norfolk State Spartans (12-6, 2-1 MEAC) hit the road in MEAC play against the Coppin State Eagles (6-14, 1-2 MEAC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 4:00 PM ET. The Spartans are 5-point favorites in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 151 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Spartans vs. Eagles
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Arena: Physical Education Complex
Norfolk State Betting Stats & Information
- Norfolk State has compiled a 7-1 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 87.5% of those games).
- The Spartans have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -224 or shorter.
- The Spartans have a 6-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 5-point underdogs this season, the Eagles are 3-8-1 against the spread.
- Norfolk State’s average point total in outings this season is 143.5, 7.5 points below the over/under in this game.
Coppin State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Coppin State has been the underdog 16 times and won three, or 18.8%, of those games.
- The Eagles have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +173 moneyline set for this game.
- The Eagles are 8-11-1 against the spread this season.
- The Eagles are 3-8-1 against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this year.
- Coppin State’s games this season have averaged a total of 158.8 points, 7.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Norfolk State vs. Coppin State Season Stat Comparison
|Norfolk State Rank||Norfolk State AVG||Coppin State AVG||Coppin State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Norfolk State Spartans Leaders
- The Spartans leader in points and assists is Joe Bryant Jr., who scores 16.8 points per game to go with 3.8 assists.
- Kris Bankston leads Norfolk State in rebounding, grabbing 6.9 boards per game while also scoring 13.4 points a contest.
- The Spartans get the most three-point shooting production out of Bryant, who knocks down 2.2 threes per game.
Coppin State Eagles Leaders
- Sam Sessoms’ points (21.7 per game) and assists (five per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Eagles’ leaderboards.
- Nendah Tarke grabs 6.1 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.6 points per game and adds two assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Coppin State rebounding leaderboard.
- Sessoms makes two three-pointers per game, the most on the Eagles.