Table of Contents
The Alabama State Hornets (5-13, 3-2 SWAC) are slight underdogs (by 2.5 points) to extend a three-game home winning streak when they host the Prairie View A&M Panthers (7-12, 3-3 SWAC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 6:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 136.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Panthers vs. Hornets
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Montgomery, Alabama
- Arena: Dunn-Oliver Acadome
|Prairie View A&M||-2.5||136.5|
Prairie View A&M Betting Stats & Information
- Prairie View A&M has won three of six games when favored on the moneyline this season (50%).
- The Panthers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -149 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Panthers have compiled a 6-12-0 record against the spread.
- The Hornets have an 8-6 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 2.5 points or more.
- The average over/under Prairie View A&M has had set in games this season is 1.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
Alabama State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Alabama State has won one out of the 13 games, or 7.7%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Hornets have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +119 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Hornets have compiled an 11-7-0 record against the spread.
- The Hornets have an 8-6 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- The average over/under for Alabama State’s games this season is 5.8 more points than the point total of 136.5 in this outing.
Prairie View A&M vs. Alabama State Season Stat Comparison
|Prairie View A&M Rank||Prairie View A&M AVG||Alabama State AVG||Alabama State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Prairie View A&M Panthers Leaders
- The Panthers leader in points and assists is William Douglas, who puts up 15.1 points per game to go with 2.1 assists.
- Prairie View A&M’s best rebounder is Hegel Augustin, who averages 5.1 boards per game in addition to his 9.3 PPG average.
- Jeremiah Gambrell makes more threes per game than any other member of the Panthers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
Alabama State Hornets Leaders
- Isaiah Range is at the top of the Hornets scoring leaderboard with 14.4 points per game. He also pulls down 3.8 rebounds and racks up 1.2 assists per game.
- The Alabama State leaders in rebounding and assists are Jordan O’Neal with 7.1 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.7 points and 0.4 assists per game) and Antonio Madlock with 3.4 assists per game (he also tacks on 11.7 points and six rebounds per game).
- Range is the most prolific from distance for the Hornets, hitting 2.4 threes per game.