Table of Contents
The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (6-12, 2-3 SWAC) are 2.5-point underdogs as they look to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Texas Southern Tigers (5-14, 1-5 SWAC) on Saturday, January 21, 2023 at Alabama A&M Events Center. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 142.5 for the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Bulldogs
- Game Day: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama
- Arena: Alabama A&M Events Center
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Texas Southern has compiled a 2-6 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 25% of those games).
- The Tigers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -139 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Tigers have compiled a 4-13-0 record against the spread.
- The Bulldogs are 5-5 against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- The average total Texas Southern has had in its matchups this season is 0.9 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Alabama A&M Betting Stats & Info
- Alabama A&M has won one of the eight games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Bulldogs have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +116 moneyline set for this game.
- The Bulldogs are 6-8-0 ATS this year.
- The Bulldogs have a 5-5 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 2.5 points or more.
- The average point total for Alabama A&M this year is 3.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Texas Southern vs. Alabama A&M Season Stat Comparison
|Texas Southern Rank||Texas Southern AVG||Alabama A&M AVG||Alabama A&M Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- Davon Barnes leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 15.6 points and distributing 2.3 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas is Texas Southern’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 8.7 boards in each contest while scoring 11.4 points per game.
- Barnes makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 0.8 per contest.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs Leaders
- Garrett Hicks scores 14.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- Olisa Akonobi has a stat line of 5.5 rebounds, 7.5 points and 0.5 assists per game for Alabama A&M to take the top rebound spot on the team. Messiah Thompson holds the top spot for assists with 3.4 per game, adding 10.5 points and 1.8 rebounds per matchup.
- Hicks is the most prolific from the three-point line for the Bulldogs, hitting 2.8 threes per game.