Table of Contents
The Ohio State Buckeyes (11-8, 3-5 Big Ten) are 3.5-point underdogs as they look to end a three-game road losing streak when they take on the Illinois Fighting Illini (13-6, 4-4 Big Ten) on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at State Farm Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 145.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Fighting Illini vs. Buckeyes
- Game Day: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Champaign, Illinois
- Arena: State Farm Center
Illinois Betting Stats & Information
- Illinois has compiled an 8-5 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 61.5% of those games).
- The Fighting Illini have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -168 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Fighting Illini have put together an 11-8-0 record against the spread.
- The Buckeyes are 0-3 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- Illinois’ average point total in outings this season is 140.7, 4.8 points below the total in this game.
Ohio State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Ohio State has won one out of the six games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Buckeyes have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +138 moneyline set for this game.
- The Buckeyes are 8-11-0 against the spread this year.
- The Buckeyes have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 3.5 points or more this season (0-3).
- The average point total for Ohio State this year is one point fewer than this game’s over/under.
Illinois vs. Ohio State Season Stat Comparison
|Illinois Rank||Illinois AVG||Ohio State AVG||Ohio State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Illinois Fighting Illini Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Fighting Illini is Terrence Shannon Jr., who scores 18.1 points and distributes 3.2 assists per game.
- Coleman Hawkins is Illinois’ best rebounder, hauling in an average of six boards in each contest while scoring 9.6 points per game.
- Shannon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Fighting Illini, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
Ohio State Buckeyes Leaders
- Brice Sensabaugh racks up 17.5 points per game to be the top scorer for the Buckeyes.
- Zed Key puts up a stat line of 8.1 rebounds, 12.1 points and 0.8 assists per game for Ohio State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Bruce Thornton has the top spot for assists with 2.9 per game, adding 8.7 points and three rebounds per matchup.
- Sensabaugh is the top scorer from distance for the Buckeyes, hitting 2.2 threes per game.