Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Eagles (14-3) and San Francisco 49ers (13-4) meet in the NFC Championship round of the NFL Playoffs at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday, January 29, 2023.
The Eagles have been making things happen on both sides of the ball this year, as they rank third-best in total offense (389.1 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (301.4 yards allowed per game). The 49ers have been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering only 16.3 points per contest (best). Offensively, they rank sixth by racking up 26.5 points per game.
Eagles vs. 49ers Picks
The 49ers are projected by BetterPool users to both cover the spread and win straight up as underdogs against the Eagles on Sunday. Right now, 36.2% of users are projecting them to win the game and 71.4% are picking the 49ers to cover the 2.5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Eagles vs. 49ers
- Game Day: Sunday, January 29, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
Philadelphia is a 2.5-point favorite over San Francisco on Sunday and the total has been set at 45.5 points. Below are some betting insights and trends if you are planning on making a wager on the outing.
Betting Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles put together an 8-9-0 ATS record in the regular season, and are 1-0-0 in the playoffs.
- The Eagles have covered the spread eight times this season (8-8 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites (regular season and playoffs).
- During the regular season, 10 of the Eagles’ games went over the point total, and zero of one in the playoffs.
Stats & Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles have been finding success on both sides of the ball, ranking third-best in total offense (389.1 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (301.4 yards allowed per game).
- The Eagles rank seventh in scoring defense this season (20.2 points allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 28.1 points per game.
- The Eagles rank ninth in passing yards this year (241.5 per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 179.7 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Eagles rank 16th in run defense this season (121.6 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 147.6 rushing yards per game.
- On offense, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by averaging a 45.9% third-down percentage. They rank 14th on defense (38.6% third-down percentage allowed).
- The Eagles have been clicking on all fronts in terms of yards per play this season, as they rank fourth-best in offensive yards per play (6.1) and second-best in yards per play allowed on defense (5.2).
- With 26 forced turnovers (seventh in NFL) against 19 turnovers committed (fifth in NFL), the Eagles’ +7 turnover margin is the third-best in the league.
Best Players for Eagles
- Jalen Hurts: 3,701 PASS YDS / 246.7 YPG / 66.5% / 22 TD / 6 INT / 165 CAR / 760 RUSH YDS / 13 TD
- Miles Sanders: 259 CAR / 1,269 YDS / 74.6 YPG / 11 TD / 20 REC / 78 YDS / 4.6 YPG / 0 TD
- A.J. Brown: 88 REC / 1,496 YDS / 88 YPG / 11 TD
- DeVonta Smith: 95 REC / 1,196 YDS / 70.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Dallas Goedert: 55 REC / 702 YDS / 58.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Haason Reddick: 49 TKL / 11 TFL / 16 SACK / 3 PD
- T.J. Edwards: 160 TKL / 10 TFL / 2 SACK / 7 PD
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson: 67 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 6 INT / 8 PD
Betting Insights for 49ers
- The 49ers won 11 games against the spread in the regular season, while failing to cover six times. In the postseason, they have an ATS record of 2-0-0.
- 49ers games hit the over nine out of 17 times in the regular season, and one of two postseason games have hit the over.
Stats & Insights for 49ers
- The 49ers have dominated on both offense and defense this season, ranking fifth-best in total offense (365.6 total yards per game) and best in total defense (300.6 total yards allowed per game).
- The 49ers have been keeping opposing offenses in check on the defensive side of the ball, allowing only 16.3 points per game (best). Offensively, they rank sixth by putting up 26.5 points per game.
- In terms of passing, the 49ers rank 13th in the NFL (226.8 passing yards per game) and 20th on defense (222.9 passing yards allowed per contest).
- The 49ers rank eighth in the NFL with 138.8 rushing yards per game, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks second-best by surrendering only 77.7 rushing yards per game.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the 49ers rank sixth in the NFL (45% third-down conversion percentage) and 16th defensively (39% third-down rate allowed).
- Things have been going well for the 49ers on both offense and defense, as they are compiling 6.1 yards per play (fourth-best) and ceding only 5.3 yards per play (fourth-best).
- At +13, the 49ers own the best turnover margin in the NFL this season.
Best Players for 49ers
- Jimmy Garoppolo: 2,437 PASS YDS / 221.5 YPG / 67.2% / 16 TD / 4 INT
- Christian McCaffrey: 244 CAR / 1,139 YDS / 67 YPG / 8 TD / 85 REC / 741 YDS / 43.6 YPG / 5 TD
- Elijah Mitchell: 45 CAR / 279 YDS / 55.8 YPG / 2 TD / 3 REC / 7 YDS / 1.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Brandon Aiyuk: 78 REC / 1,015 YDS / 59.7 YPG / 8 TD
- George Kittle: 60 REC / 765 YDS / 51 YPG / 11 TD
- Nick Bosa: 50 TKL / 19 TFL / 18.5 SACK / 1 PD
- Fred Warner: 130 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 SACK / 1 INT / 10 PD
- Tashaun Gipson: 61 TKL / 1 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 5 INT / 8 PD