Table of Contents
A pair of struggling teams square off when the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (9-12, 1-9 ACC) host the Louisville Cardinals (2-18, 0-9 ACC) on Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET. The Cardinals are 9.5-point underdogs as they attempt to end a nine-game losing streak against the Fighting Irish, losers of four straight. The matchup has an over/under of 140.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Fighting Irish vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Location: South Bend, Indiana
- Arena: Purcell Pavilion
Notre Dame Betting Stats & Information
- Notre Dame has been the moneyline favorite 15 times this season. They’ve gone 8-7 in those games.
- The Fighting Irish have not played as a moneyline favorite of -519 or shorter.
- The Fighting Irish are 4-16-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 9.5-point underdogs this season, the Cardinals are 4-8 against the spread.
- Notre Dame’s average point total in matchups this season is 142.5, two points higher than the over/under in this game.
Louisville Betting Stats & Info
- Louisville has been underdogs in 15 games this season and won one (6.7%) of those contests.
- The Cardinals have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +379 odds on them winning this game.
- The Cardinals are 6-14-0 against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 9.5-point underdogs this season, the Cardinals are 4-8 against the spread.
- The average over/under for Louisville’s games this season is 2.8 fewer points than the point total of 140.5 for this outing.
Notre Dame vs. Louisville Season Stat Comparison
|Notre Dame Rank||Notre Dame AVG||Louisville AVG||Louisville Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Fighting Irish is Nate Laszewski, who puts up 13.8 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Notre Dame’s best passer is Trey Wertz, who averages 3.3 assists per game to go with his 9.4 PPG scoring average.
- Cormac Ryan leads the Fighting Irish in three-point shooting, making an average of two shots per game from beyond the arc.
Louisville Cardinals Leaders
- El Ellis’ points (17.8 per game) and assists (4.7 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Cardinals’ leaderboards.
- Brandon Huntley-Hatfield grabs six rebounds per game (he also scores 7.5 points per game and adds 0.6 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Louisville rebounding leaderboard.
- Ellis is the most prolific from deep for the Cardinals, hitting two threes per game.