Table of Contents
The UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (10-11, 1-7 WAC) will look to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Cal Baptist Lancers (13-8, 5-3 WAC) on Saturday, January 28, 2023 at UTRGV Fieldhouse as 7-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 148.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Lancers vs. Vaqueros
- Game Day: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Location: Edinburg, Texas
- Arena: UTRGV Fieldhouse
Cal Baptist Betting Stats & Information
- Cal Baptist has won 61.5% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (8-5).
- The Lancers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -313 or shorter.
- The Lancers have gone 11-8-1 ATS this season.
- The Vaqueros are 2-7 against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this year.
- The average over/under Cal Baptist has had set in games this season is 16.2 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Stats & Info
- This season, UT Rio Grande Valley has been the underdog 14 times and won four, or 28.6%, of those games.
- The Vaqueros have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +245 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this year, the Vaqueros have compiled an 8-10-0 record against the spread.
- The Vaqueros have a 2-7 record against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this season.
- The average total for UT Rio Grande Valley’s games this year is 11.5 more points than the point total of 148.5 in this outing.
Cal Baptist vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Season Stat Comparison
|Cal Baptist Rank||Cal Baptist AVG||UT Rio Grande Valley AVG||UT Rio Grande Valley Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Cal Baptist Lancers Leaders
- Taran Armstrong leads the Lancers in points and assists per game, scoring 11.1 points and distributing 4.9 assists.
- Hunter Goodrick leads Cal Baptist in rebounding, grabbing 7.1 boards per game while also scoring 8.7 points a contest.
- Joe Quintana makes more threes per game than any other member of the Lancers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Leaders
- Justin Johnson sits at the top of the Vaqueros scoring leaderboard with 21.6 points per game. He also collects 5.1 rebounds and averages 2.9 assists per game.
- Daylen Williams has a stat line of 5.8 rebounds, 5.7 points and 2.7 assists per game for UT Rio Grande Valley to take the top rebound spot on the team. Will Johnston has the top spot for assists with 3.9 per game, adding 16 points and 2.6 rebounds per contest.
- Johnston is consistent from deep and leads the Vaqueros with 2.3 made threes per game.