Table of Contents
MEAC foes meet when the Norfolk State Spartans (14-7, 4-2 MEAC) host the North Carolina Central Eagles (10-10, 3-3 MEAC) at Joseph G. Echols Memorial Hall, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, January 30, 2023. The Eagles are 5.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup’s point total is set at 140.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Spartans vs. Eagles
- Game Day: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Arena: Joseph G. Echols Memorial Hall
Norfolk State Betting Stats & Information
- Norfolk State has gone 9-2 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 81.8%).
- The Spartans have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -242 or shorter.
- The Spartans have a 7-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 5.5 points or more, the Eagles have a 5-1 record against the spread.
- Norfolk State’s average total in outings this year has been 144.9, 4.9 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
North Carolina Central Betting Stats & Info
- This season, North Carolina Central has won two out of the 10 games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Eagles have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +191 odds on them winning this game.
- The Eagles have a 10-5-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have a 5-1 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 5.5 points or more.
- The average total for North Carolina Central’s games this year is three more points than the point total of 140 in this outing.
Norfolk State vs. North Carolina Central Season Stat Comparison
|Norfolk State Rank||Norfolk State AVG||North Carolina Central AVG||North Carolina Central Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Norfolk State Spartans Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Spartans is Joe Bryant Jr., who scores 16.9 points and dishes out 3.9 assists per game.
- Kris Bankston leads Norfolk State in rebounding, grabbing 7.4 rebounds per game while also scoring 14.1 points a contest.
- The Spartans get the most three-point shooting production out of Bryant, who makes 2.1 threes per game.
North Carolina Central Eagles Leaders
- Justin Wright racks up 15.5 points per game to be the top scorer for the Eagles.
- Kris Monroe puts up a stat line of 5.5 rebounds, 10.2 points and 0.7 assists per game for North Carolina Central to take the top rebound spot on the team. Eric Boone has the top spot for assists with 5.3 per game, adding 8.2 points and 4.8 rebounds per contest.
- Monroe is consistent from three-point range and leads the Eagles with 1.7 made threes per game.