Table of Contents
The Northwestern State Demons (14-8, 6-3 Southland) will look to continue a four-game winning streak when they visit the Houston Christian Huskies (7-15, 4-5 Southland) on Thursday, February 2, 2023 at Sharp Gymnasium as 7-point favorites. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 154.5 points.
How do I watch Demons vs. Huskies?
- Game Day: Thursday, February 2, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Sharp Gymnasium
Betting Lines for Demons vs. Huskies
Northwestern State Betting Stats & Information
- Northwestern State is 7-2 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 77.8%).
- The Demons have not played a game with moneyline odds of -317 or shorter.
- The Demons have a 15-6-0 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 7-point underdogs this year, the Huskies are 6-6 against the spread.
- Northwestern State’s average point total in matchups this year is 145.7, 8.8 points below the total in this game.
Houston Christian Betting Stats & Info
- Houston Christian has been underdogs in 15 games this season and won four (26.7%) of those contests.
- The Huskies have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +248 odds on them winning this game.
- The Huskies are 8-11-0 against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 7-point underdogs this season, the Huskies are 6-6 against the spread.
- The average point total for Houston Christian this year is 6.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Northwestern State vs. Houston Christian Season Stat Comparison
|Northwestern State Rank||Northwestern State AVG||Houston Christian AVG||Houston Christian Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Northwestern State Demons Leaders
- Ja’Monta Black leads the Demons in scoring, tallying 16.4 points per game to go with 3.2 rebounds and 0.9 assists.
- Jalen Hampton is Northwestern State’s leading rebounder, grabbing seven per game, while Demarcus Sharp is its best passer, distributing 4.8 assists in each contest.
- Black makes more threes per game than any other member of the Demons, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 4.2 per contest.
Houston Christian Huskies Leaders
- Brycen Long is at the top of the Huskies scoring leaderboard with 15.8 points per game. He also collects 2.4 rebounds and dishes out 2.1 assists per game.
- The Houston Christian leaders in rebounding and assists are Bonke Maring with six rebounds per game (he also adds 15 points and 1.5 assists per game) and Andrew King with 4.4 assists per game (he also tacks on 8.2 points and 3.7 rebounds per game).
- Long makes three three-pointers per game, the most on the Huskies.