Table of Contents
The Southern Jaguars (12-10, 8-1 SWAC) are 5-point favorites as they try to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (8-14, 4-5 SWAC) on Saturday, February 4, 2023 at Alabama A&M Events Center. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 144.5.
How do I watch Jaguars vs. Bulldogs?
- Game Day: Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama
- Arena: Alabama A&M Events Center
Betting Lines for Jaguars vs. Bulldogs
Southern Betting Stats & Information
- Southern has compiled a 7-3 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 70% of those games).
- The Jaguars have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -222 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Jaguars have compiled a 15-5-0 record against the spread.
- The Bulldogs have a 5-5 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 5 points or more.
- The average total Southern has had in its matchups this year is 3.3 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Alabama A&M Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Alabama A&M has been the underdog 10 times and won two of those games.
- The Bulldogs have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +180 odds on them winning this game.
- The Bulldogs are 8-10-0 ATS this year.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 5 points or more, the Bulldogs have a 5-5 record against the spread.
- The average total for Alabama A&M’s games this year is 0.5 fewer points than the point total of 144.5 in this outing.
Southern vs. Alabama A&M Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Rank||Southern AVG||Alabama A&M AVG||Alabama A&M Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- Brion Whitley leads the Jaguars in scoring, tallying 12.5 points per game to go with three rebounds and 1 assist.
- Southern’s leading rebounder is Tyrone Lyons averaging four boards per game and its best passer is P.J. Byrd and his 6.2 assists per game.
- Whitley makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.4 per contest.
Alabama A&M Bulldogs Leaders
- Garrett Hicks is at the top of the Bulldogs scoring leaderboard with 14.7 points per game. He also collects 3.7 rebounds and racks up 1.9 assists per game.
- The Alabama A&M leaders in rebounding and assists are Olisa Akonobi with 5.9 rebounds per game (he also adds 8.3 points and 0.5 assists per game) and Messiah Thompson with 3.2 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.9 points and two rebounds per game).
- Hicks is consistent from deep and leads the Bulldogs with 2.6 made threes per game.