Table of Contents
The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (16-8, 8-3 WAC) are favored (by 7.5 points) to build on an eight-game home winning streak when they host the Tarleton State Texans (13-11, 6-5 WAC) on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 147 in the matchup.
How do I watch Thunderbirds vs. Texans?
- Game Day: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Cedar City, Utah
- Arena: America First Event Center
Betting Lines for Thunderbirds vs. Texans
Southern Utah Betting Stats & Information
- Southern Utah has been the moneyline favorite 11 times this season. They’ve finished 8-3 in those games.
- The Thunderbirds have not played a game with moneyline odds of -345 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Thunderbirds have put together an 11-7-2 record against the spread.
- The Texans are 2-2 against the spread when an underdog by 7.5 points or more this season.
- The average total for Southern Utah’s games this year is 11.3 more points than the over/under of 147 in this game.
Tarleton State Betting Stats & Info
- Tarleton State has won three, or 23.1%, of the 13 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Texans have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +263 moneyline set for this game.
- The Texans’ ATS record is 10-11-0 this season.
- The Texans have a 2-2 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 7.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Tarleton State this season is 8.4 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern Utah vs. Tarleton State Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Utah Rank||Southern Utah AVG||Tarleton State AVG||Tarleton State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Utah Thunderbirds Leaders
- The Thunderbirds scoring leader is Tevian Jones, who averages 18.7 per contest to go with 4.3 rebounds and 1.4 assists.
- Harrison Butler is Southern Utah’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.8 per game, while Drake Allen is its best passer, distributing 3.4 assists in each contest.
- Jones leads the Thunderbirds in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Tarleton State Texans Leaders
- Lue Williams is the top scorer for the Texans with 11.6 points per game. He also adds 3.4 rebounds and one assist per game to his stats.
- Tarleton State’s leader in rebounds is Jakorie Smith with 3.6 per game, and its leader in assists is Shakur Daniel with 2.9 per game.
- Williams is the top scorer from distance for the Texans, hitting 1.5 threes per game.