Table of Contents
The Southern Utah Thunderbirds (18-9, 10-4 WAC) hit the road in WAC play against the UT Arlington Mavericks (10-17, 5-9 WAC) on Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET. The Thunderbirds are 5-point favorites in the game. The point total is set at 145 in the matchup.
How do I watch Thunderbirds vs. Mavericks?
- Game Day: Thursday, February 23, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Arena: College Park Center
Betting Lines for Thunderbirds vs. Mavericks
Southern Utah Betting Stats & Information
- Southern Utah has compiled a 10-3 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 76.9% of those games).
- The Thunderbirds have not played as a moneyline favorite of -213 or shorter.
- The Thunderbirds’ ATS record is 13-8-2 this season.
- In games they have played as at least 5-point underdogs this season, the Mavericks are 10-6 against the spread.
- The average over/under Southern Utah has had set in matchups this year is 12.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
UT Arlington Betting Stats & Info
- UT Arlington has won six, or 26.1%, of the 23 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Mavericks have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +178 moneyline set for this game.
- The Mavericks are 12-12-0 against the spread this year.
- The Mavericks are 10-6 against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for UT Arlington this season is 12.4 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Southern Utah vs. UT Arlington Season Stat Comparison
|Southern Utah Rank||Southern Utah AVG||UT Arlington AVG||UT Arlington Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Southern Utah Thunderbirds Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Thunderbirds this season is Tevian Jones, who averages 18.2 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 1.2 assists per game.
- Harrison Butler is Southern Utah’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.9 per game, while Drake Allen is its best passer, averaging 3.2 assists in each contest.
- The Thunderbirds get the most three-point shooting production out of Jones, who makes 2.5 threes per game.
UT Arlington Mavericks Leaders
- Shemar Wilson puts up 10.9 points and 7.8 rebounds per game for the Mavericks, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- UT Arlington’s assist leader is Kyron Gibson with 3.9 per game. He also averages 10.8 points per game and tacks on 2.3 rebounds per game.
- Gibson knocks down 1.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the Mavericks.