Table of Contents
The Texas Southern Tigers (11-17, 7-8 SWAC) are underdogs (+1.5) in their attempt to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Jackson State Tigers (9-18, 8-6 SWAC) at 6:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 25, 2023 at Williams Assembly Center. The point total is 141 in the matchup.
How do I watch Tigers vs. Tigers?
- Game Day: Saturday, February 25, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Jackson, Mississippi
- Arena: Williams Assembly Center
Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Tigers
Jackson State Betting Stats & Information
- Jackson State has been the moneyline favorite eight times this season. They’ve gone 6-2 in those games.
- The Jackson State Tigers have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -127 or shorter.
- The Jackson State Tigers have gone 14-13-0 ATS this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Texas Southern Tigers have a 5-6 record against the spread.
- Jackson State’s average total in outings this year has been 143.6, 2.6 points higher than the over/under in this particular game.
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Info
- Texas Southern has won two of the 10 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Texas Southern Tigers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +104 odds on them winning this game.
- The Texas Southern Tigers are 8-18-0 ATS this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Texas Southern Tigers have a 5-6 record against the spread.
- The average over/under in Texas Southern’s games this season is 0.1 more points than the point total of 141 for this outing.
Jackson State vs. Texas Southern Season Stat Comparison
|Jackson State Rank||Jackson State AVG||Texas Southern AVG||Texas Southern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Jackson State Tigers Leaders
- Ken Evans leads the Jackson State Tigers in scoring, tallying 11.2 points per game to go with 4.4 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- Jackson State’s leading rebounder is Trace Young averaging 5.7 boards per game and its best passer is Chase Adams and his 3.5 assists per game.
- Coltie Young makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jackson State Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.7 per contest.
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- Davon Barnes is at the top of the Texas Southern Tigers scoring leaderboard with 13.5 points per game. He also grabs 4.2 rebounds and dishes out 1.9 assists per game.
- The Texas Southern leaders in rebounding and assists are Joirdon Karl Nicholas with 8.9 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.8 points and 1.6 assists per game) and PJ Henry with 2.4 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.4 points and 1.9 rebounds per game).
- Henry is consistent from three-point range and leads the Texas Southern Tigers with 1.8 made threes per game.