Table of Contents
The Horizon conference tournament continues Thursday as the No. seed Youngstown State Penguins (23-8, 15-5 Horizon) face off against the No. seed Detroit Mercy Titans (14-18, 9-11 Horizon) at Beeghly Center, starting at 8:00 PM on ESPN+. Youngstown State is an 8-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Create your winning bracket with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Penguins vs. Titans?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 2, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Youngstown, Ohio
- Arena: Beeghly Center
Betting Lines for Penguins vs. Titans
Youngstown State Betting Stats & Information
- Youngstown State has compiled a 20-7 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 74.1% of those games).
- The Penguins have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -365 or shorter.
- The Penguins have an 18-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Titans have a 1-4 record against the spread when an underdog by 8 points or more this year.
- The average point total in Youngstown State’s games this year is 0.3 fewer points than the total of 156.5 in this matchup.
Detroit Mercy Betting Stats & Info
- Detroit Mercy has won six, or 31.6%, of the 19 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Titans have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +290 odds on them winning this game.
- So far this season, the Titans have compiled a 13-18-0 record against the spread.
- The Titans have a 1-4 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 8 points or more this year.
- Detroit Mercy’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 152.4 points, 4.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Youngstown State vs. Detroit Mercy Season Stat Comparison
|Youngstown State Rank||Youngstown State AVG||Detroit Mercy AVG||Detroit Mercy Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Youngstown State Penguins Leaders
- Dwayne Cohill leads the Penguins in points and assists per game, scoring 17.8 points and distributing 4.9 assists.
- Adrian Nelson is Youngstown State’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 9.5 boards in each contest while scoring 13.3 points per game.
- Brandon Rush leads the Penguins in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Detroit Mercy Titans Leaders
- Antoine Davis’ points (28.4 per game) and assists (3.7 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Titans’ leaderboards.
- A.J. Oliver II’s stat line of 4.8 rebounds, 9 points and 0.7 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Detroit Mercy rebounding leaderboard.
- Davis is the top shooter from distance for the Titans, hitting 4.8 threes per game.