Table of Contents
The No. 7 seed Chattanooga Mocs (15-16, 7-11 SoCon) are favored by 13 points in the SoCon Tournament against the No. 10 seed VMI Keydets (7-24, 2-16 SoCon) on Friday at Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville, starting at 7:30 PM on ESPN+.
Does all this March Madness intel have you itching to play a bracket of your own? Make a pool with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com. We’ve got more options and game types than standard brackets and customization to make it your own.
Start here >
How do I watch Mocs vs. Keydets?
- Game Day: Friday, March 3, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Asheville, North Carolina
- Arena: Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville
Betting Lines for Mocs vs. Keydets
Chattanooga Betting Stats & Information
- Chattanooga has been favored on the moneyline 14 times this season. They’ve gone 8-6 in those games.
- The Mocs have played as a moneyline favorite of -1000 or shorter in just one game this season, which they won.
- The Mocs have an 11-16-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Keydets have a 6-4 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 13 points or more this season.
- The average total in Chattanooga’s games this season is 0.1 more points than the total of 148 in this game.
VMI Betting Stats & Info
- VMI has entered the game as underdogs 27 times this season and won four, or 14.8%, of those games.
- The Keydets have a record of 1-10 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +600 on the moneyline.
- The Keydets are 14-15-0 against the spread this season.
- The Keydets have a 6-4 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 13 points or more this year.
- VMI’s games this year have averaged a total of 145.6 points, 2.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Chattanooga vs. VMI Season Stat Comparison
|Chattanooga Rank||Chattanooga AVG||VMI AVG||VMI Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Chattanooga Mocs Leaders
- Jamal Johnson leads the Mocs in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 13.7 points and 4.1 boards per game.
- Dalvin White leads Chattanooga in assists, averaging 2.8 per game while also scoring 9.4 points per contest.
- Johnson makes more threes per game than any other member of the Mocs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
VMI Keydets Leaders
- Asher Woods sits at the top of the Keydets scoring leaderboard with 14.1 points per game. He also pulls down 4.6 rebounds and averages 2.3 assists per game.
- The VMI leaders in rebounding and assists are Taeshaud Jackson with 7.1 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.1 points and 0.8 assists per game) and Tony Felder with 3.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.2 points and two rebounds per game).
- Sean Conway is the top shooter from distance for the Keydets, hitting 2.2 threes per game.