Table of Contents
The No. 2 seed Samford Bulldogs (21-10, 15-3 SoCon) take on the No. 7 seed Chattanooga Mocs (16-16, 7-11 SoCon) as 1.5-point favorites in the SoCon Tournament Saturday at Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville, starting at 6:00 PM on ESPN+. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Does all this March Madness intel have you itching to play a bracket of your own? Make a pool with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com. We’ve got more options and game types than standard brackets and customization to make it your own.
Start here >
How do I watch Bulldogs vs. Mocs?
- Game Day: Saturday, March 4, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Asheville, North Carolina
- Arena: Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville
Betting Lines for Bulldogs vs. Mocs
Samford Betting Stats & Information
- Samford has won 85% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (17-3).
- The Bulldogs have a 16-3 record (winning 84.2% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -127 or shorter.
- The Bulldogs are 14-13-0 ATS this season.
- The Mocs have a 4-9 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- Samford’s average point total in matchups this season is 149.7, 4.8 points below the total in this game.
Chattanooga Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Chattanooga has been the underdog 13 times and won three, or 23.1%, of those games.
- The Mocs have a record of 3-8 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +107 on the moneyline.
- The Mocs have a 12-16-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Mocs have a 4-9 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 1.5 points or more.
- The average over/under in Chattanooga’s games this season is 5.9 fewer points than the point total of 154.5 in this outing.
Samford vs. Chattanooga Season Stat Comparison
|Samford Rank||Samford AVG||Chattanooga AVG||Chattanooga Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Samford Bulldogs Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Bulldogs this season is Logan Dye, who averages 13 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game.
- Jermaine Marshall is Samford’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.5 per game, while Bubba Parham is its best passer, averaging 2.6 assists in each contest.
- The Bulldogs get the most three-point shooting production out of Parham, who makes 1.8 threes per game.
Chattanooga Mocs Leaders
- Jamal Johnson holds the top spot on the Mocs leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 13.5 points and 4.2 rebounds per game.
- Chattanooga’s assist leader is Dalvin White with 2.8 per game. He also scores 9.3 points per game and tacks on 2.4 rebounds per game.
- Johnson is the most prolific from distance for the Mocs, hitting 2.6 threes per game.