Table of Contents
The No. 4 seed Nicholls State Colonels (16-14, 11-7 Southland) are favored by 5.5 points in their Southland Tournament matchup against the No. 8 seed McNeese Cowboys (10-22, 6-12 Southland) on Monday at The Legacy Center, starting at 6:00 PM on ESPN+. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Create your winning bracket with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Colonels vs. Cowboys?
- Game Day: Monday, March 6, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Arena: The Legacy Center
Betting Lines for Colonels vs. Cowboys
Nicholls State Betting Stats & Information
- Nicholls State has been the moneyline favorite 15 times this season. They’ve gone 10-5 in those games.
- When they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -235 or shorter, the Colonels have a record of 7-3 (70% winning percentage).
- So far this season, the Colonels have put together an 8-16-2 record against the spread.
- The Cowboys have a 6-6-1 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- Nicholls State’s average point total in outings this season is 148.3, 3.3 points higher than the over/under in this game.
McNeese Betting Stats & Info
- This season, McNeese has been the underdog 16 times and won four, or 25%, of those games.
- The Cowboys have a record of 1-12 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least +190 on the moneyline.
- The Cowboys are 14-16-1 against the spread this year.
- The Cowboys have a 6-6-1 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 5.5 points or more.
- The average over/under for McNeese’s games this season is 0.4 fewer points than the point total of 145 in this outing.
Nicholls State vs. McNeese Season Stat Comparison
|Nicholls State Rank||Nicholls State AVG||McNeese AVG||McNeese Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Nicholls State Colonels Leaders
- Caleb Huffman leads the Colonels in scoring, tallying 16.3 points per game to go with 5.2 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
- Emanuel Littles is Nicholls State’s leading rebounder, pulling down 6.9 per game, while Lance Amir-Paul is its best passer, averaging 2.4 assists in each contest.
- Huffman makes more threes per game than any other member of the Colonels, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of two per contest.
McNeese Cowboys Leaders
- The Cowboys’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Christian Shumate with 14.4 points and 9.4 rebounds per game.
- McNeese’s assist leader is Trae English with 3.6 per game. He also averages 10.8 points per game and adds 1.9 rebounds per game.
- Zach Scott hits 2.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Cowboys.