Table of Contents
The No. 7 seed Tarleton State Texans (16-15, 9-9 WAC) are 7-point favorites in the WAC Tournament over the No. 10 seed UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (15-16, 6-12 WAC) on Tuesday at Michelob ULTRA Arena. The matchup tips off at 9:00 PM and airs on ESPN+, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Does all this March Madness intel have you itching to play a bracket of your own? Make a pool with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com. We’ve got more options and game types than standard brackets and customization to make it your own.
Start here >
How do I watch Texans vs. Vaqueros?
- Game Day: Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Arena: Michelob ULTRA Arena
Betting Lines for Texans vs. Vaqueros
Tarleton State Betting Stats & Information
- Tarleton State has gone 6-2 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 75%).
- The Texans are 3-1 (winning 75% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -310 or shorter.
- The Texans are 13-14-0 against the spread this season.
- The Vaqueros are 6-8 against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this year.
- The average point total in Tarleton State’s games this season is 6.6 fewer points than the over/under of 146.5 in this matchup.
UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Stats & Info
- This season, UT Rio Grande Valley has won eight out of the 22 games, or 36.4%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Vaqueros have a record of 3-10, a 23.1% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of +249 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Vaqueros are 13-14-0 against the spread this year.
- The Vaqueros have a 6-8 record against the spread when an underdog by 7 points or more this year.
- The average over/under for UT Rio Grande Valley’s games this year is 10.8 more points than the point total of 146.5 for this outing.
Tarleton State vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Season Stat Comparison
|Tarleton State Rank||Tarleton State AVG||UT Rio Grande Valley AVG||UT Rio Grande Valley Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Tarleton State Texans Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Texans this season is Lue Williams, who averages 11.1 points, 3.1 rebounds, and 0.9 assists per game.
- Tarleton State’s leading rebounder is Jakorie Smith averaging 3.8 boards per game and its best passer is Shakur Daniel and his 2.9 assists per game.
- Williams leads the Texans in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros Leaders
- Justin Johnson is the top scorer for the Vaqueros with 20.6 points per game. He also adds 5.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game to his statistics.
- The UT Rio Grande Valley leaders in rebounding and assists are Daylen Williams with 6.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.2 points and 2.8 assists per game) and Will Johnston with 3.7 assists per game (he also tacks on 14.5 points and 2.2 rebounds per game).
- Johnston is consistent from deep and leads the Vaqueros with 2.4 made threes per game.