Table of Contents
The No. 1 seed Alcorn State Braves (18-12, 15-3 SWAC) are favored by 2.5 points when they square off the No. 8 seed Texas Southern Tigers (11-20, 7-11 SWAC) in the SWAC Tournament Wednesday at Bartow Arena, beginning at 9:30 PM on ESPN+. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the SWAC championship.
Wanna make every game this tourney more action-packed? Run your brackets at RunYourPool, the Internet’s #1 March Madness software!
Start here >
How do I watch Braves vs. Tigers?
- Game Day: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Bartow Arena
Betting Lines for Braves vs. Tigers
Alcorn State Betting Stats & Information
- Alcorn State has been the moneyline favorite 13 times this season. They’ve finished 11-2 in those games.
- The Braves have an 11-2 record (winning 84.6% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -139 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Braves have compiled a 15-15-0 record against the spread.
- The Tigers have a 5-8 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total for Alcorn State’s games this season is 2.9 fewer points than the total of 142 in this matchup.
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Texas Southern has been the underdog 13 times and won two of those games.
- The Tigers have a record of 2-11, a 15.4% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of +118 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers have an 8-21-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Tigers have a 5-8 record against the spread.
- The average total for Texas Southern’s games this year is 0.4 more points than the point total of 142 in this outing.
Alcorn State vs. Texas Southern Season Stat Comparison
|Alcorn State Rank||Alcorn State AVG||Texas Southern AVG||Texas Southern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Alcorn State Braves Leaders
- Dominic Brewton leads the Braves in scoring, tallying 12 points per game to go with 3.8 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Jeremiah Kendall leads Alcorn State in rebounding, averaging 6.9 per game, while Byron Joshua leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.1 in each contest.
- The Braves get the most three-point shooting production out of Dekedran Thorn, who knocks down 1.6 threes per game.
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- Davon Barnes is at the top of the Tigers scoring leaderboard with 13.2 points per game. He also collects 4.1 rebounds and racks up two assists per game.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas puts up a stat line of 9.2 rebounds, 11.2 points and 1.5 assists per game for Texas Southern to take the top rebound spot on the team. PJ Henry has the top spot for assists with 2.1 per game, adding 12.1 points and 1.8 rebounds per contest.
- Henry is consistent from deep and leads the Tigers with 1.8 made threes per game.