Table of Contents
The No. 4 seed Maryland-Eastern Shore Hawks (17-12, 9-5 MEAC) are 5.5-point favorites in the MEAC Tournament against the No. 5 seed Morgan State Bears (15-15, 7-7 MEAC) on Thursday at Norfolk Scope. The matchup tips off at 6:00 PM and airs on ESPN+, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Create your winning bracket with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Hawks vs. Bears?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Arena: Norfolk Scope
Betting Lines for Hawks vs. Bears
Maryland-Eastern Shore Betting Stats & Information
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has won 10 of 11 games when the moneyline favorite this season (90.9%).
- The Hawks have gone 4-1 when they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -239 or shorter (80% win percentage).
- The Hawks are 15-8-2 against the spread this season.
- The Bears have a 9-3 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 5.5 points or more this season.
- Maryland-Eastern Shore’s average point total in matchups this year is 136, 2.5 points less than the total in this game.
Morgan State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Morgan State has been the underdog 17 times and won five, or 29.4%, of those games.
- The Bears have a record of 3-8 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least +198 on the moneyline.
- The Bears are 12-14-0 against the spread this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 5.5 points or more, the Bears have a 9-3 record against the spread.
- Morgan State’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 147.4 points, 8.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Maryland-Eastern Shore vs. Morgan State Season Stat Comparison
|Maryland-Eastern Shore Rank||Maryland-Eastern Shore AVG||Morgan State AVG||Morgan State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Maryland-Eastern Shore Hawks Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Hawks this season is Zion Styles, who averages 11.6 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game.
- Nathaniel Pollard Jr. leads Maryland-Eastern Shore in rebounding, averaging 8.2 per game, while Ahamadou Fofana leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.5 in each contest.
- The Hawks get the most three-point shooting production out of Da’Shawn Phillip, who makes 1.6 threes per game.
Morgan State Bears Leaders
- Isaiah Burke racks up 18.7 points per game and is the top scorer for the Bears.
- Morgan State’s leader in rebounds is Will Thomas with four per game, and its leader in assists is Kameron Hobbs with 2.8 per game.
- Burke hits three three-pointers per game, the most on the Bears.