Table of Contents
The No. 2 seed North Carolina Central Eagles (17-11, 10-4 MEAC) and the No. 7 seed Delaware State Hornets (6-23, 4-10 MEAC) play in the MEAC Tournament Wednesday at Norfolk Scope, tipping off at 8:30 PM. North Carolina Central is favored by 11 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Create your winning bracket with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Eagles vs. Hornets?
- Game Day: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Arena: Norfolk Scope
Betting Lines for Eagles vs. Hornets
|North Carolina Central||-11||135.5|
North Carolina Central Betting Stats & Information
- North Carolina Central is 11-1 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 91.7%).
- The Eagles have played three times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -622 or shorter, and won in each game.
- The Eagles are 14-8-2 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 11-point underdogs this season, the Hornets are 5-8 against the spread.
- The average total North Carolina Central has had set in games this year is 5.9 more points than this outing’s point total.
Delaware State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Delaware State has won four out of the 21 games, or 19%, in which it has been the underdog.
- This season, the Hornets have been at least a +443 underdog on the moneyline 13 times, losing each of those contests.
- So far this season, the Hornets have compiled a 14-13-1 record against the spread.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 11 points or more, the Hornets have a 5-8 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Delaware State this season is 4.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
North Carolina Central vs. Delaware State Season Stat Comparison
|North Carolina Central Rank||North Carolina Central AVG||Delaware State AVG||Delaware State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
North Carolina Central Eagles Leaders
- The Eagles scoring leader is Justin Wright, who averages 16 per contest to go with five rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- North Carolina Central’s leading rebounder is Kris Monroe averaging 5.6 boards per game and its best passer is Eric Boone and his 5.3 assists per game.
- Monroe leads the Eagles in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Delaware State Hornets Leaders
- Martez Robinson has the top spot on the Hornets leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 11.8 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.
- Corey Perkins’ assist statline paces Delaware State; he records 3.9 assists per game.
- O’Koye Parker is the most prolific from deep for the Hornets, hitting 1.5 threes per game.