Table of Contents
The No. 8 seed St. John’s (NY) Red Storm (17-14, 7-13 Big East) play the No. 9 seed Butler Bulldogs (14-17, 6-14 Big East) as 6.5-point favorites in the Big East Tournament Wednesday at Madison Square Garden, starting at 3:00 PM on Fox Sports 1. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Play brackets alongside friends and family with the internet’s #1 March Madness software, RunYourPool.com.
Start here >
How do I watch Red Storm vs. Bulldogs?
- Game Day: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: New York City, New York
- Arena: Madison Square Garden
Betting Lines for Red Storm vs. Bulldogs
|St. John’s (NY)||-6.5||144|
St. John’s (NY) Betting Stats & Information
- St. John’s (NY) has been favored on the moneyline 15 times this season. They’ve finished 14-1 in those games.
- The Red Storm have played in nine games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -233 or shorter and won each time.
- The Red Storm have a 13-18-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs have a 3-8 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 6.5 points or more this season.
- The average over/under St. John’s (NY) has had set in games this season is 9.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
Butler Betting Stats & Info
- Butler has won three, or 16.7%, of the 18 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Bulldogs have a record of 1-11, a 8.3% win rate, when they’re set as an underdog of +193 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The Bulldogs have a 14-16-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 6.5 points or more, the Bulldogs have a 3-8 record against the spread.
- Butler’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 133 points, 11 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
St. John’s (NY) vs. Butler Season Stat Comparison
|St. John’s (NY) Rank||St. John’s (NY) AVG||Butler AVG||Butler Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
St. John’s (NY) Red Storm Leaders
- Joel Soriano leads the Red Storm in scoring and rebounding, putting up 15.2 points and 11.8 boards per game.
- Posh Alexander leads St. John’s (NY) in assists, averaging 4.4 per game while also scoring 10.3 points per contest.
- The Red Storm get the most three-point shooting production out of David Jones, who knocks down 1.4 threes per game.
Butler Bulldogs Leaders
- Jayden Taylor racks up 13.2 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- The Butler leaders in rebounding and assists are Manny Bates with 5.5 rebounds per game (he also adds 11.6 points and 1.4 assists per game) and Simas Lukosius with 2.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 11.2 points and four rebounds per game).
- Lukosius is consistent from three-point range and leads the Bulldogs with 1.8 made threes per game.