Table of Contents
The No. 6 seed Maryland Terrapins (20-11, 11-9 Big Ten) are favored by 13 points in their Big Ten Tournament matchup against the No. 14 seed Minnesota Golden Gophers (9-21, 2-17 Big Ten) on Thursday at United Center, beginning at 9:00 PM on Big Ten Network. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Does all this March Madness intel have you itching to play a bracket of your own? Make a pool with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software: RunYourPool.com. We’ve got more options and game types than standard brackets and customization to make it your own.
Start here >
How do I watch Terrapins vs. Golden Gophers?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Big Ten Network
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Arena: United Center
Betting Lines for Terrapins vs. Golden Gophers
Maryland Betting Stats & Information
- Maryland has been the moneyline favorite 22 times this season. They’ve finished 19-3 in those games.
- The Terrapins have played in eight games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -967 or shorter and won each time.
- So far this season, the Terrapins have put together a 19-11-1 record against the spread.
- The Golden Gophers have a 3-3 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 13 points or more.
- Maryland’s average point total in matchups this season is 133.9, 1.4 points higher than the total in this game.
Minnesota Betting Stats & Info
- Minnesota has won four, or 16%, of the 25 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Golden Gophers have a record of 1-5 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +604 on the moneyline.
- The Golden Gophers’ ATS record is 13-15-2 this year.
- The Golden Gophers are 3-3 against the spread when an underdog by 13 points or more this season.
- The average over/under for Minnesota’s games this year is 1.7 more points than the point total of 132.5 in this outing.
Maryland vs. Minnesota Season Stat Comparison
|Maryland Rank||Maryland AVG||Minnesota AVG||Minnesota Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Maryland Terrapins Leaders
- Jahmir Young leads the Terrapins in points and assists per game, scoring 16.3 points and distributing 3.2 assists.
- Julian Reese is Maryland’s best rebounder, hauling in an average of 7.3 boards in each contest while scoring 11.4 points per game.
- Don Carey makes more threes per game than any other member of the Terrapins, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per contest.
Minnesota Golden Gophers Leaders
- Dawson Garcia records 15.7 points and 6.8 rebounds per game for the Golden Gophers, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the team.
- Ta’Lon Cooper’s assist statline leads Minnesota; he racks up 6.3 assists per game.
- Jamison Battle hits 2.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Golden Gophers.