Table of Contents
The No. 3 seed Norfolk State Spartans (21-10, 9-5 MEAC) are favored by one point in the MEAC Tournament over the No. 2 seed North Carolina Central Eagles (18-11, 10-4 MEAC). The teams will hit the court Friday at 8:30 PM live on ESPN+, with the winner moving closer to a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. March Madness brackets are back! You can start your own pool today with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Spartans vs. Eagles?
- Game Day: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Arena: Norfolk Scope
Betting Lines for Spartans vs. Eagles
Norfolk State Betting Stats & Information
- Norfolk State has gone 16-4 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 80%).
- The Spartans have a record of 16-4 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -118 or shorter (80% win percentage).
- So far this season, the Spartans have compiled a 14-11-1 record against the spread.
- The Eagles have an 8-4 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 1 point or more.
- The average over/under Norfolk State has had in its games this season is 8.6 more points than this particular game’s point total.
North Carolina Central Betting Stats & Info
- North Carolina Central has entered the game as underdogs 11 times this season and won twice.
- The Eagles have a record of 2-9 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least -102 on the moneyline.
- The Eagles have a 15-8-2 record against the spread this year.
- The Eagles are 8-4 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this year.
- The average total for North Carolina Central’s games this season is 5.2 more points than the point total of 136.5 for this outing.
Norfolk State vs. North Carolina Central Season Stat Comparison
|Norfolk State Rank||Norfolk State AVG||North Carolina Central AVG||North Carolina Central Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Norfolk State Spartans Leaders
- Joe Bryant Jr. leads the Spartans in points and assists per game, scoring 17.6 points and distributing 3.3 assists.
- Norfolk State’s best rebounder is Kris Bankston, who averages 7.2 boards per game in addition to his 14.3 PPG average.
- Bryant leads the Spartans in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
North Carolina Central Eagles Leaders
- Justin Wright is at the top of the Eagles scoring leaderboard with 16.2 points per game. He also collects 5.1 rebounds and averages 2.1 assists per game.
- The North Carolina Central leaders in rebounding and assists are Brendan Medley-Bacon with 5.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.1 points and 0.8 assists per game) and Eric Boone with 5.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 7.4 points and 4.6 rebounds per game).
- Kris Monroe is consistent from distance and leads the Eagles with 1.5 made threes per game.