Table of Contents
The No. 2 seed Grambling Tigers (24-8, 15-3 SWAC) are favored by 3.5 points when they face off the No. 8 seed Texas Southern Tigers (13-20, 7-11 SWAC) in the SWAC Tournament Championship with an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket up for grabs. The contest on Saturday at Bartow Arena starts at 5:30 PM and airs on ESPN+.
Got a good feeling for who’s gonna win the whole NCAA tournament? Make a March Madness bracket at RunYourPool, invite some friends, and earn that sweet taste of victory — all using the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Tigers vs. Tigers?
- Game Day: Saturday, March 11, 2023
- Game Time: 5:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Bartow Arena
Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Tigers
Grambling Betting Stats & Information
- Grambling is 18-2 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 90%).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -175 or shorter, the Grambling Tigers have gone 15-2 (88.2% winning percentage).
- The Grambling Tigers have a 19-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Texas Southern Tigers are 5-8 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this season.
- The average over/under Grambling has had in its matchups this year is 1.1 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Texas Southern Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Texas Southern has been the underdog 14 times and won three, or 21.4%, of those games.
- The Texas Southern Tigers are 2-10 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +149 or more on the moneyline.
- So far this season, the Texas Southern Tigers have compiled a 10-21-0 record against the spread.
- The Texas Southern Tigers are 5-8 against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Texas Southern this year is 11.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Grambling vs. Texas Southern Season Stat Comparison
|Grambling Rank||Grambling AVG||Texas Southern AVG||Texas Southern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Grambling Tigers Leaders
- Cameron Christon leads the Grambling Tigers in scoring and rebounding, putting up 13 points and 5.3 rebounds per game.
- Shawndarius Cowart is Grambling’s best passer, distributing 3.3 assists per game while scoring 11.3 PPG.
- Christon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Grambling Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per contest.
Texas Southern Tigers Leaders
- Davon Barnes racks up 13.6 points per game to be the top scorer for the Texas Southern Tigers.
- Texas Southern’s leader in rebounds is Joirdon Karl Nicholas with nine per game, and its leader in assists is PJ Henry with 2.1 per game.
- Henry is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Texas Southern Tigers, hitting 1.9 threes per game.