Table of Contents
The Mississippi State Bulldogs (21-12) and the Pittsburgh Panthers (22-11) meet with a spot in the Round of 64 of the NCAA Tournament bracket at stake on Tuesday at UD Arena, tipping off at 9:10 PM, live on truTV. Mississippi State is favored by 1.5 points as these teams try to advance to the opening round.
Wanna make every game this tourney more action-packed? Run your brackets at RunYourPool, the Internet’s #1 March Madness software!
Start here >
How do I watch Bulldogs vs. Panthers?
- Game Day: Tuesday, March 14, 2023
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: truTV
- Location: Dayton, Ohio
- Arena: UD Arena
Betting Lines for Bulldogs vs. Panthers
Mississippi State Betting Stats & Information
- Mississippi State has compiled an 18-5 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 78.3% of those games).
- The Bulldogs have a 17-5 record (winning 77.3% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -126 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Bulldogs have put together a 16-17-0 record against the spread.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Panthers have a 10-5 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Mississippi State’s games this season is 5.1 fewer points than the total of 132 in this matchup.
Pittsburgh Betting Stats & Info
- Pittsburgh has entered the game as underdogs 15 times this season and won seven, or 46.7%, of those games.
- The Panthers are 6-8 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +106 or more on the moneyline.
- The Panthers’ ATS record is 22-11-0 this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Panthers have a 10-5 record against the spread.
- The average over/under in Pittsburgh’s games this year is 14.6 more points than the point total of 132 for this outing.
Mississippi State vs. Pittsburgh Season Stat Comparison
|Mississippi State Rank||Mississippi State AVG||Pittsburgh AVG||Pittsburgh Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Mississippi State Bulldogs Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Bulldogs is Tolu Smith, who puts up 15.8 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
- Dashawn Davis leads Mississippi State in assists, averaging 3.5 per game while also scoring 8.5 points per contest.
- Davis makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bulldogs, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.2 per contest.
Pittsburgh Panthers Leaders
- Jamarius Burton is the top scorer for the Panthers with 15.6 points per game. He also adds 4.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Blake Hinson has a stat line of 6.2 rebounds, 15.6 points and 1.2 assists per game for Pittsburgh to take the top rebound spot on the team. Nelly Cummings holds the top spot for assists with 4.8 per game, adding 11 points and 2.6 rebounds per contest.
- Hinson averages 2.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Panthers.