Table of Contents
A first-round NCAA Tournament matchup will see the No. 8 seed Maryland Terrapins (21-12) take the court as 2.5-point underdogs against the No. 9 seed West Virginia Mountaineers (19-14) on Thursday at Legacy Arena at BJCC. The contest starts at 12:15 PM on CBS. Here’s what you need to know when filling out your brackets for this 8-9 matchup.
Wanna make every game this tourney more action-packed? Run your brackets at RunYourPool, the Internet’s #1 March Madness software!
Start here >
How do I watch Mountaineers vs. Terrapins?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Game Time: 12:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Legacy Arena at BJCC
Betting Lines for Mountaineers vs. Terrapins
West Virginia Betting Stats & Information
- West Virginia has won 83.3% of its games this season when favored on the moneyline (15-3).
- The Mountaineers have a 15-1 record (winning 93.8% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -138 or shorter.
- The Mountaineers are 17-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Terrapins have a 4-3 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 2.5 points or more.
- West Virginia’s average point total in outings this year is 147.3, 7.3 points higher than the total in this game.
Maryland Betting Stats & Info
- Maryland has been underdogs in 10 games this season and won one (10%) of those contests.
- This season, the Terrapins have won one of their seven games when they’re the underdog by at least +117 on the moneyline.
- The Terrapins’ ATS record is 20-12-1 this year.
- The Terrapins are 4-3 against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- The average total for Maryland’s games this season is 6.5 fewer points than the point total of 140 for this outing.
West Virginia vs. Maryland Season Stat Comparison
|West Virginia Rank||West Virginia AVG||Maryland AVG||Maryland Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
West Virginia Mountaineers Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Mountaineers this season is Erik Stevenson, who averages 15.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game.
- Tre Mitchell is West Virginia’s leading rebounder, grabbing 5.5 per game, while Kedrian Johnson is its best passer, averaging 3.2 assists in each contest.
- Stevenson leads the Mountaineers in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Maryland Terrapins Leaders
- The Terrapins’ Jahmir Young puts up enough points (16.1 per game) and assists (3.2 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Julian Reese’s stat line of 7.3 rebounds, 11.2 points and one assist per game helps him grab the top spot on the Maryland rebounding leaderboard.
- Don Carey is the top scorer from deep for the Terrapins, hitting 1.6 threes per game.