Table of Contents
The top-seeded Alabama Crimson Tide (29-5) and the No. 16 Texas A&M-CC Islanders (24-10) will meet on Thursday to compete for a spot in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Alabama is favored by 24 points in the opening round matchup, which begins at 2:45 PM on CBS. Here are the insights you need when filling out your bracket for this 1-16 matchup.
This March Madness, brackets are just the beginning. Get your friends, family, and coworkers together to play Survivor, Pick-X, or Head-to-Head Pools — all on the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Crimson Tide vs. Islanders?
- Game Day: Thursday, March 16, 2023
- Game Time: 2:45 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Legacy Arena at BJCC
Betting Lines for Crimson Tide vs. Islanders
Alabama Betting Stats & Information
- Alabama is 26-3 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 89.7%).
- The Crimson Tide have not played as a moneyline favorite of -7500 or shorter.
- The Crimson Tide are 20-14-0 against the spread this season.
- The Islanders have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 24 points or more this season (0-1).
- Alabama’s average point total in matchups this year is 150.7, 4.8 points fewer than the over/under in this game.
Texas A&M-CC Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Texas A&M-CC has been the underdog six times and won two of those games.
- The Islanders have played as an underdog of +1800 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Islanders have a 17-11-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Islanders are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 24 points or greater this season.
- The average point total for Texas A&M-CC this season is 2.8 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Alabama vs. Texas A&M-CC Season Stat Comparison
|Alabama Rank||Alabama AVG||Texas A&M-CC AVG||Texas A&M-CC Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Alabama Crimson Tide Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Crimson Tide is Brandon Miller, who accumulates 19.6 points and 8.3 rebounds per game.
- Alabama’s best passer is Jahvon Quinerly, who averages 3.8 assists per game to go with his 8.1 PPG scoring average.
- Miller leads the Crimson Tide in three-point shooting, making an average of three shots per game from beyond the arc.
Texas A&M-CC Islanders Leaders
- Trey Tennyson is the top scorer for the Islanders with 15.6 points per game. He also adds 2.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game to his stats.
- Isaac Mushila has a stat line of 9.7 rebounds, 14.4 points and 1.2 assists per game for Texas A&M-CC to take the top rebound spot on the team. Terrion Murdix has the top spot for assists with 5.4 per game, adding 13.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per contest.
- Tennyson is dependable from distance and leads the Islanders with 2.9 made threes per game.
Check out all March Madness favorites, schedule, and results here on The Poolside Post!