Table of Contents
The No. 1 seed Houston Cougars (32-3) are 5.5-point favorites as they attempt to book a trip to the Sweet 16 in an NCAA Tournament Round of 32 Midwest Region bracket matchup against the No. 9 seed Auburn Tigers (21-12) on Saturday at Legacy Arena at BJCC, beginning at 7:10 PM on TBS.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. March Madness brackets are back! You can start your own pool today with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Cougars vs. Tigers?
- Game Day: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: TBS
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Arena: Legacy Arena at BJCC
Betting Lines for Cougars vs. Tigers
Houston Betting Stats & Information
- Houston has compiled a 27-3 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 90% of those games).
- The Cougars have gone 25-2 in games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -253 or shorter (92.6% win percentage).
- The Cougars are 18-16-1 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are 2-1 against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- The average over/under Houston has had set in games this season is 0.4 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
Auburn Betting Stats & Info
- Auburn has been the underdog in seven games this season, and it has failed to win any of those contests.
- This season, the Tigers have been at least a +205 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
- The Tigers’ ATS record is 16-16-1 this year.
- The Tigers have a 2-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 5.5 points or more this year.
- The average over/under in Auburn’s games this year is 8.8 more points than the point total of 131.5 for this outing.
Houston vs. Auburn Season Stat Comparison
|Houston Rank||Houston AVG||Auburn AVG||Auburn Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Houston Cougars Leaders
- The Cougars scoring leader is Marcus Sasser, who averages 16.7 per contest to go with 2.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
- J’wan Roberts leads Houston in rebounding, averaging 7.9 per game, while Jamal Shead leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.4 in each contest.
- Sasser leads the Cougars in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Auburn Tigers Leaders
- The Tigers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Johni Broome with 14.2 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
- Wendell Green Jr. notches more assists than any other Auburn player with 4.1 per game. He also scores 13.9 points and pulls down 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Green hits 1.3 three-pointers per game, the most on the Tigers.
Check out all March Madness favorites, schedule, and results here on The Poolside Post!