Table of Contents
The Midwest Region bracket’s No. 1 seed Houston Cougars (33-3) are 7-point favorites to defeat the No. 5 Miami Hurricanes (27-7) in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament on Friday at 7:15 PM, live from T-Mobile Center and airing on CBS.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. March Madness brackets are back! You can start your own pool today with the Internet’s #1 March Madness software.
Start here >
How do I watch Cougars vs. Hurricanes?
- Game Day: Friday, March 24, 2023
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Arena: T-Mobile Center
Betting Lines for Cougars vs. Hurricanes
Houston Betting Stats & Information
- Houston has won 28 of 31 games when the moneyline favorite this season (90.3%).
- The Cougars have a record of 25-2 in games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -310 or shorter (92.6% win percentage).
- The Cougars are 19-16-1 ATS this season.
- The average point total for Houston’s games this year is 5.6 fewer points than the total of 137 in this matchup.
Miami Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Miami has won five out of the nine games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Hurricanes have played as an underdog of +246 or more once this season and won that game.
- The Hurricanes have gone 20-14-0 ATS this year.
- The average point total for Miami this year is 13.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Houston vs. Miami Season Stat Comparison
|Houston Rank||Houston AVG||Miami AVG||Miami Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Houston Cougars Leaders
- The Cougars scoring leader is Marcus Sasser, who averages 16.9 per contest to go with 2.8 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
- J’wan Roberts leads Houston in rebounding, averaging 7.8 per game, while Jamal Shead leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 5.4 in each contest.
- Sasser makes more threes per game than any other member of the Cougars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.7 per contest.
Miami Hurricanes Leaders
- Isaiah Wong scores 16.1 points and adds 3.3 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Hurricanes’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Norchad Omier is at the top of the Miami rebounding leaderboard with 10.1 rebounds per game. He also scores 13.4 points and tacks on 1.2 assists per game.
- Nijel Pack is the top shooter from distance for the Hurricanes, hitting 2.4 threes per game.
Check out all March Madness favorites, schedule, and results here on The Poolside Post!