Table of Contents
The Colorado Buffaloes play on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET at Amon G. Carter Stadium versus the TCU Horned Frogs.
The Horned Frogs are expected to come out on top by at least two TDs (currently -20.5) versus the Buffaloes. The over/under for this game is 64 points.
Game Info for TCU vs. Colorado
- Game Day: Saturday, September 2, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Stadium: Amon G. Carter Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
TCU Pick Insights
- TCU compiled a 10-4-1 record against the spread last season.
- TCU covered the spread when playing as at least 20.5-point favorites in its only opportunity last season.
- TCU games went over the point total nine out of 15 times last season.
TCU Stats & Insights
- TCU scored 38.8 points per game last season, 5.7 fewer than Colorado allowed per matchup (44.5).
- TCU was 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall last season when the team recorded over 44.5 points.
- TCU collected 54.8 fewer yards per game (455) than Colorado gave up per outing (509.8) last season.
- TCU was 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall when the team piled up over 509.8 yards last season.
- Last year TCU ran for 51.8 fewer yards per game (193.3) than Colorado allowed per outing (245.1).
- When TCU rushed for more than 245.1 yards last year, it had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record.
- Last year TCU turned the ball over 16 times, five more than Colorado’s takeaways (11).
TCU’s Best Players
- Max Duggan’s previous season stat line: 3,698 passing yards (246.5 per game), 267-for-419 (63.7%), 32 touchdowns and eight picks. He also rushed for 423 yards on 137 carries with nine rushing TDs.
- Kendre Miller churned out 1,399 rushing yards (93.3 per game) and 17 touchdowns last year.
- Emari Demercado ran for 681 yards on 121 carries (45.4 yards per game), with six rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous year, Quentin Johnston grabbed 60 passes (on 99 targets) for 1,069 yards (71.3 per game). He also found the end zone six times.
- Taye Barber amassed 613 yards on 37 grabs with five touchdowns. He was targeted 54 times, and averaged 40.9 receiving yards per game.
- Derius Davis’ stat line last season: 531 receiving yards, 42 catches, five touchdowns, on 68 targets.
- Last season Dylan Horton amassed 10 sacks, 11 TFL and 44 tackles.
- Jamoi Hodge was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 90 tackles, nine TFL, 4.5 sacks, and one interception last year.
- Bud Clark collected five interceptions while adding 41 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended last year.
Colorado Betting Insights
- Colorado covered just twice in 12 matchups with a spread last season.
- Colorado did not cover the spread last season (0-7 ATS) when playing as at least 20.5-point underdogs.
- In Colorado games last year, combined scoring went over the point total nine times.
Colorado Pick Insights
- Last season Colorado averaged 13.6 fewer points per game (15.4) than TCU allowed (29).
- Colorado collected 281.3 yards per game last season, 126.9 fewer yards than the 408.2 TCU allowed per outing.
- Colorado rushed for 108.3 yards per game last season, 50.2 fewer than the 158.5 TCU allowed per outing.
- Colorado turned the ball over one more time (22 total) than TCU forced turnovers (21) last season.
Colorado’s Best Players
- J.T. Shrout completed 44.3% of his passes to throw for 1,220 yards and seven touchdowns last season.
- Deion Smith tallied 393 rushing yards and two touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Alex Fontenot ran for two touchdowns on 315 yards a year ago.
- Jordyn Tyson was targeted 3.9 times per game and collected 470 receiving yards and four touchdowns over the course of 2022.
- Montana Lemonious-Craig collected three touchdowns and had 359 receiving yards (29.9 ypg) in 2022.
- Daniel Arias caught 19 passes on his way to 309 receiving yards and one touchdown a season ago.
- Last year Josh Chandler-Semedo racked up 4.5 sacks, 10 TFL, 90 tackles, and one interception.
- A year ago Nikko Reed tallied 38 tackles, two TFL, and two passes defended as well as two interceptions.