Table of Contents
The New Orleans Saints (0-0) and the Tennessee Titans (0-0) play at Caesars Superdome on Sunday, September 10, 2023.
From an offensive standpoint, the Saints ranked 22nd in the NFL with 19.4 points per game last season. Meanwhile, they ranked ninth in points allowed (314.8 points allowed per contest). The Titans were a bottom-five offense last year, ranking third-worst with 296.8 yards per game. On defense, they ranked 23rd in the NFL (351.6 yards allowed per game).
Saints vs. Titans Picks
A majority of Splash Inc. users project the Titans will earn an upset victory against the Saints on Sunday, with 35.2% of users picking them to finish on top. Against the spread, 51.7% of users have picked the Saints to cover the 3-point line.
Game Info: Saints vs. Titans
- Game Day: Sunday, September 10, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
Before you bet on Sunday’s New Orleans-Tennessee spread (New Orleans -3) or total (41 points), read the betting insights and trends below.
Game Trends for Saints
- The Saints covered seven times in 17 matchups with a spread last season.
- The Saints covered the spread once when favored by 3 points or more last season (in four opportunities).
- A total of six of the Saints’ games last season went over the point total.
Stats & Insights for Saints
- The Saints put up 19.4 points per game last season, comparable to the 21.1 per contest the Titans allowed.
- When the Saints recorded over 21.1 points last year, they were 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- Last season the Titans had a 6-1-1 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall in games when they held opponents to less than 19.4 points.
- The Saints racked up just 17.8 fewer yards per game (333.8) than the Titans allowed per contest (351.6) last year.
- In games that the Saints churned out more than 351.6 yards last season, the team was 2-4 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- The Titans had a -1 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to less than 333.8 yards last season.
- The Saints rushed for 116.6 yards per game last year, 39.7 more than the 76.9 the Titans allowed per outing.
- Last season the Saints had a 6-7 ATS record and a 7-6 overall record in games the team ran for over 76.9 yards.
- Last year, the Titans were -6-1 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 116.6 yards on the ground.
- The Saints turned the ball over 25 times last season, five more turnovers than the Titans forced (20).
Best Players for Saints
- Derek Carr: 3,522 PASS YDS / 234.8 YPG / 60.8% / 24 TD / 14 INT
- Jamaal Williams: 262 CAR / 1,066 YDS / 62.7 YPG / 17 TD / 12 REC / 73 YDS / 4.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Taysom Hill: 96 CAR / 575 YDS / 35.9 YPG / 7 TD / 9 REC / 77 YDS / 4.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Olave: 72 REC / 1,042 YDS / 69.5 YPG / 4 TD
- Juwan Johnson: 42 REC / 508 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 7 TD
- Rashid Shaheed: 28 REC / 488 YDS / 40.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Demario Davis: 109 TKL / 10 TFL / 6.5 SACK / 1 INT / 6 PD
Game Trends for Titans
- The Titans’ record against the spread last year was 9-7-1.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 3 points or greater, the Titans went 4-3-1 last year.
- The Titans had five of their 17 games go over the point total last season.
Stats & Insights for Titans
- The Titans averaged 17.5 points per game last year, comparable to the 20.3 the Saints surrendered.
- When the Titans scored over 20.3 points last season, they were 4-1 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- Last season the Saints had a 4-2 record against the spread and a 3-3 record overall in games when they held opponents to less than 17.5 points.
- The Titans collected just 18 fewer yards per game (296.8) than the Saints allowed per matchup (314.8) last year.
- The Titans were 3-4 against the spread and 3-4 overall when the team piled up more than 314.8 yards last year.
- In games the Saints limited their opponents to fewer than 296.8 yards last season, they had a -3 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last year the Titans piled up 125.4 yards per game on the ground, just 5.1 fewer yards than the Saints allowed per contest (130.5).
- When the Titans rushed for over 130.5 yards last season they had a 4-2 ATS record and a 2-4 overall record.
- When the Saints limited their opponents to less than 125.4 yards on the ground last year, they were -3 against the spread and – overall.
- The Titans turned the ball over 23 times last season, nine more turnovers than the Saints forced (14).
Best Players for Titans
- Ryan Tannehill: 2,536 PASS YDS / 211.3 YPG / 65.2% / 13 TD / 6 INT
- Derrick Henry: 349 CAR / 1,538 YDS / 96.1 YPG / 13 TD / 33 REC / 398 YDS / 24.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Malik Willis: 27 CAR / 123 YDS / 17.6 YPG / 1 TD
- DeAndre Hopkins: 64 REC / 717 YDS / 79.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Chris Moore: 48 REC / 548 YDS / 36.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Chigoziem Okonkwo: 32 REC / 450 YDS / 28.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Kevin Byard: 106 TKL / 4 INT / 6 PD