Table of Contents
On Saturday at 6:00 PM ET, the Georgia Southern Eagles (1-0) will host the UAB Blazers (1-0).
The Eagles are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-6.5), versus the Blazers. The over/under for this game is 59 points.
Game Info for Georgia Southern vs. UAB
- Game Day: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Statesboro, Georgia
- Stadium: Allen E. Paulson Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Georgia Southern Pick Insights
- Georgia Southern won seven games against the spread last season, failing to cover six times.
- Georgia Southern covered the spread when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites in two of two chances last season.
- A total of six Georgia Southern games last season hit the over.
Georgia Southern Stats & Insights
- Last year, Georgia Southern racked up 9.5 more points per game (32.7) than UAB gave up (23.2).
- When Georgia Southern put up over 23.2 points last year, it went 7-2 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- Georgia Southern collected 466.7 yards per game last year, 106.1 more yards than the 360.6 UAB allowed per outing.
- When Georgia Southern totaled over 360.6 yards last year, the team was 7-5 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
- Last season Georgia Southern piled up 137.2 yards per game on the ground, 29.3 fewer than UAB allowed per outing (166.5).
- Last season Georgia Southern had a 3-2 ATS record and a 2-3 overall record in games the team ran for more than 166.5 yards.
- Georgia Southern turned the ball over three more times (21 total) than UAB forced a turnover (18) last season.
Georgia Southern’s Best Players
- Kyle Vantrease had a passing stat line last year of 4,248 yards with a 61.4% completion rate (370-for-603), 27 touchdowns, 16 interceptions, and an average of 326.8 yards per game.
- Jalen White picked up 915 rushing yards (70.4 per game) and 10 touchdowns last season. In the receiving game, he made 22 catches for 217 yards and one score.
- Gerald Green posted 480 rushing yards on 88 carries and six touchdowns last season.
- Khaleb Hood reeled in 86 catches for 921 yards (70.8 per game) while being targeted 131 times. He also scored three touchdowns.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. also impressed receiving last year. He had 58 receptions for 717 yards and seven touchdowns. He was targeted 102 times.
- Jeremy Singleton hauled in 66 passes on 103 targets for 713 yards and two touchdowns, compiling 54.8 receiving yards per game.
- Justin Ellis’ hard work last season put up a stat line of 4.5 sacks, four TFL and 24 tackles.
- Last season Anthony Wilson averaged 36 tackles, two TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Tyler Bride collected two interceptions while adding 17 tackles, two TFL, and two passes defended last year.
UAB Betting Insights
- UAB is 1-0-0 against the spread this season.
- UAB has not hit the over on a point total in one games with a set over/under.
UAB Pick Insights
- UAB averaged just 1.5 fewer points per game (30.1) than Georgia Southern surrendered (31.6) last season.
- UAB was 4-3 against the spread and 6-1 overall last year when the team notched more than 31.6 points.
- UAB collected 51.8 fewer yards per game (438.2) than Georgia Southern gave up per outing (490) last year.
- When UAB totaled over 490 yards last season, the team was 2-3 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- Last year UAB racked up 235.1 yards per game on the ground, just 3.1 more yards than Georgia Southern allowed per outing (232).
- Last season UAB had a 3-4 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record in games the team ran for over 232 yards.
- UAB had 17 giveaways last season, while Georgia Southern had 17 takeaways.
UAB’s Best Players
- Dylan Hopkins averaged 147.7 pass yards per contest and threw for 10 touchdowns last season.
- Dewayne McBride tallied 1,710 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. rushed for 948 yards and eight touchdowns last season.
- Trea Shropshire averaged 71 receiving yards and racked up six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2022 season.
- Tejhaun Palmer collected two touchdowns and had 479 receiving yards (36.8 ypg) in 2022.
- Samario Rudolph worked his way to two receiving touchdowns and 262 receiving yards (20.2 ypg) last season.
- Drew Tuazama proved to be a strong defender last year, recording five sacks, three TFL and 22 tackles.
- Noah Wilder put together a strong stat line last year, tallying 82 tackles, four TFL, and 0.5 sacks.
- A year ago Jaylen Key collected 48 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and three passes defended as well as three interceptions.