Table of Contents
Star player Kimani Vidal and the Troy Trojans (1-0) play the Kansas State Wildcats (1-0) on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET, at Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium.
The Wildcats are very heavy favorites (currently -15.5) in their game versus the Trojans, with the over/under being 50.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Wildcats are -781 and the Trojans are +538.)
Game Info for Kansas State vs. Troy
- Game Day: Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Manhattan, Kansas
- Stadium: Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Kansas State Pick Insights
- Kansas State has covered the only spread it has faced this season (1-0-0).
- Kansas State is 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 15.5-point favorites.
Kansas State Stats & Insights
- Kansas State scored 32.3 points per game last year, 15.2 more than Troy allowed per contest (17.1).
- Kansas State was 8-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall in games when it scored over 17.1 points last season.
- Kansas State racked up 92.4 more yards per game (418.8) than Troy gave up per outing (326.4) last year.
- Kansas State was 8-3 against the spread and 9-3 overall when the team picked up more than 326.4 yards last year.
- Last year Kansas State ran for 88.7 more yards per game (208.3) than Troy allowed per contest (119.6).
- When Kansas State ran for over 119.6 yards last season, it compiled an 8-3 ATS record and a 9-3 overall record.
- Kansas State had 12 giveaways last year, while Troy had 24 takeaways.
Kansas State’s Best Players
- Will Howard’s previous season stat line: 1,633 passing yards (116.6 per game), 119-for-199 (59.8%), 15 touchdowns and four picks.
- Deuce Vaughn picked up 1,558 rushing yards (111.3 per game) and nine touchdowns last season. In the receiving game, he made 42 catches for 378 yards and three scores.
- Adrian Martinez ran for 627 yards on 111 carries (44.8 yards per game), with 10 rushing touchdowns last year.
- Malik Knowles hauled in 48 catches for 725 yards (51.8 per game) while being targeted 77 times. He also scored two touchdowns.
- Phillip Brooks also impressed receiving last season. He bagged 45 receptions for 587 yards and four touchdowns. He was targeted 78 times.
- Kade Warner’s stat line last year: 456 receiving yards, 46 catches, five touchdowns, on 74 targets.
- Last season Felix Anudike stacked up 8.5 sacks, eight TFL and 44 tackles.
- Austin Moore was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 76 tackles, seven TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception last year.
- Julius Brents collected four interceptions while adding 38 tackles, three TFL, and four passes defended last year.
Troy Betting Insights
Troy Pick Insights
- Last season Troy racked up 3.7 more points per game (25.6) than Kansas State surrendered (21.9).
- When Troy recorded more than 21.9 points last year, it was 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Troy racked up 360.4 yards per game last season, only 14.7 fewer than the 375.1 Kansas State allowed per outing.
- Troy was 4-2 against the spread and 6-0 overall when the team picked up more than 375.1 yards last year.
- Last year Troy averaged 117.9 rushing yards per game, 32.9 fewer than Kansas State allowed per outing (150.8).
- Last season Troy had a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record in games the team rushed for over 150.8 yards.
- Troy turned the ball over 21 times last year, three fewer times than Kansas State forced turnovers (24).
Troy’s Best Players
- Gunnar Watson threw for an average of 200.9 passing yards per game and threw for 14 touchdowns last season.
- Vidal averaged 81.2 rushing yards and collected 10 rushing touchdowns.
- DK Billingsley ran for eight touchdowns on 670 yards a year ago.
- Tez Johnson averaged 61.3 receiving yards and collected four receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2022 season.
- Rajae’ Johnson-Sanders averaged 50.9 receiving yards on 4.3 targets per game in 2022, scoring seven touchdowns.
- Deshon Stoudemire worked his way to two receiving touchdowns and 507 receiving yards (36.2 ypg) last season.
- T.J. Jackson proved to be a relentless defender last year, recording eight sacks, nine TFL and 48 tackles.
- Carlton Martial had an impressive defensive performance last season with 104 tackles, one TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Last year Reddy Steward intercepted three passes to go along with 34 tackles, one TFL, and four passes defended.