Table of Contents
At 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, the Navy Midshipmen (1-1) play at the Memphis Tigers (2-0).
The Tigers are expected to come out on top by at least two TDs (currently -15.5) against the Midshipmen. The over/under for this matchup is 47.5 points.
Game Info for Memphis vs. Navy
- Game Day: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Memphis, Florida
- Stadium: Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Memphis Pick Insights
- Memphis has covered the spread once in one game this season.
- Memphis is 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 15.5-point favorites.
Memphis Stats & Insights
- Last year, Memphis scored 11.0 more points per game (35.3) than Navy allowed (24.3).
- Memphis was 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall last season when the team notched over 24.3 points.
- Memphis averaged 83.4 more yards per game (422.5) than Navy allowed per matchup (339.1) last year.
- In games that Memphis picked up more than 339.1 yards last year, the team was 5-4 against the spread and 4-5 overall.
- Last season Memphis piled up 142.4 rushing yards per game, 53.5 more than Navy allowed per outing (88.9).
- When Memphis rushed for over 88.9 yards last year, it compiled a 4-6 ATS record and a 5-5 overall record.
- Memphis had 16 giveaways last season, while Navy had 18 takeaways.
Memphis’ Best Players
- Last year Seth Henigan recorded 3,571 passing yards (274.7 per game), a 64.1% completion percentage, 22 touchdowns, and eight interceptions. He also added 289 rushing yards on 146 carries with four rushing TDs (averaging 22.2 rushing yards per game).
- Jevyon Ducker racked up 544 rushing yards (41.8 per game) and seven touchdowns last year.
- Asa Martin ran for 435 yards on 85 carries (33.5 yards per game), with seven rushing touchdowns last year. He also made his name known on the passing side with 36 receptions for 312 yards (24 per game) and one TD.
- Eddie Lewis reeled in 42 catches for 615 yards (47.3 per game) while being targeted 71 times. He also scored seven touchdowns.
- Caden Prieskorn amassed 602 yards on 48 grabs with seven touchdowns. He was targeted 66 times, and averaged 46.3 receiving yards per game.
- Javon Ivory grabbed 46 passes for 586 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 45.1 yards per game last season.
- Jaylon Allen’s hard work last season put up a stat line of five sacks, nine TFL, 53 tackles, and one interception.
- Xavier Cullens went to work last year, collecting 90 tackles, six TFL, two sacks, and three interceptions.
- Last season Quindell Johnson had a huge stat line of four interceptions, 66 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended.
Navy Betting Insights
- Navy is winless against the spread so far this year in one game with a set total.
- Navy is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 15.5-point underdogs.
- Navy has not gone over a point total in one games with a set over/under.
Navy Pick Insights
- Navy put up 21.9 points per game last season, 4.1 fewer than Memphis allowed (26).
- Navy was 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall last season when the team put up over 26 points.
- Navy collected 36.4 fewer yards per game (327) than Memphis allowed (363.4) per matchup last year.
- When Navy totaled more than 363.4 yards last year, the team was 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- Last season Navy rushed for 119.1 more yards per game (241.2) than Memphis allowed per outing (122.1).
- Navy had a 6-5 ATS record and a 4-7 overall record when the team ran for over 122.1 yards last season.
- Navy had 15 giveaways last year, while Memphis had 22 takeaways.
Navy’s Best Players
- Tai Lavatai threw for 787 yards and five touchdowns last season. He also chipped in on the ground, collecting five touchdowns while racking up 309 yards.
- Dabe Fofana racked up six rushing touchdowns on 64.1 yards per game last season.
- Last season Maquel Haywood rushed for 473 yards. He also scored two total touchdowns.
- Jayden Umbarger was targeted 2.3 times per game and piled up 265 receiving yards and two touchdowns over the course of 2022.
- Mark Walker collected one touchdown and had 242 receiving yards (20.2 ypg) in 2022.
- Vincent Terrell II averaged 18.4 receiving yards per game on 1.7 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year John Marshall accumulated 10.5 sacks, 12 TFL, 66 tackles, and one interception.
- Elias Larry collected two interceptions in addition to 15 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended a year ago.