Table of Contents
One of the best rushers in college football will be featured when Jacory Merritt and the New Mexico Lobos (1-1) host the New Mexico State Aggies (1-2) on Saturday, September 16, 2023.
The Lobos are small favorites (-1.5) in their matchup versus the Aggies, with the over/under at 51 points. (On the moneyline, the Lobos are -115 and the Aggies are -105.)
Game Info for New Mexico vs. New Mexico State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: MW Network
- Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Stadium: University Stadium (NM)
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
New Mexico Pick Insights
- New Mexico is winless against the spread so far this season (0-1-0).
- New Mexico has combined with its opponent to go over in one of one games with a set total (100%).
New Mexico Stats & Insights
- New Mexico scored 10.8 fewer points per game (13.1) than New Mexico State surrendered (23.9) last year.
- New Mexico was 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall last season when the team put up over 23.9 points.
- New Mexico averaged 226.8 yards per game last year, 109.4 fewer yards than the 336.2 New Mexico State gave up per outing.
- Last season New Mexico rushed for 27.4 fewer yards per game (121.3) than New Mexico State allowed per contest (148.7).
- Last season New Mexico had a 2-2 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record in games the team ran for over 148.7 yards.
- Last year New Mexico turned the ball over 14 times, while New Mexico State forced 14.
New Mexico’s Best Players
- Last season Miles Kendrick recorded 870 passing yards (72.5 per game), a 59% completion percentage, three touchdowns, and seven interceptions. He also added 128 rushing yards on 76 carries with three rushing TDs (averaging 10.7 rushing yards per game).
- Last season, Nathaniel Jones ran for 544 yards on 118 attempts (45.3 yards per game) and scored two times.
- Christian Washington put up 310 rushing yards on 73 carries last season.
- In the previous year, Geordon Porter grabbed 22 passes (on 36 targets) for 312 yards (26 per game). He also found the end zone two times.
- Luke Wysong amassed 293 yards on 35 grabs with one touchdown. He was targeted 62 times, and averaged 24.4 receiving yards per game.
- Andrew Erickson’s stat line last season: 117 receiving yards, 13 catches, on 29 targets.
- Cody Moon’s stat line last season spoke for itself with 4.5 sacks, six TFL and 72 tackles.
- Last season A.J. Haulcy had a huge stat line of two interceptions, 56 tackles, two TFL, and two passes defended.
New Mexico State Betting Insights
- New Mexico State is winless against the spread so far this season (0-2-0).
- New Mexico State has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 1.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- New Mexico State has hit the over in one of two games with a set total (50%).
New Mexico State Pick Insights
- New Mexico State averaged just 0.5 fewer points per game (25.5) than New Mexico allowed (26) last year.
- When New Mexico State recorded over 26 points last year, it was 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- New Mexico State racked up 21.8 fewer yards per game (330.8) than New Mexico gave up (352.6) per matchup last season.
- When New Mexico State piled up over 352.6 yards last year, the team was 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Last season New Mexico State rushed for just 3.4 more yards (161.6) than New Mexico allowed per contest (158.2).
- Last year New Mexico State had a 5-0 ATS record and a 4-1 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 158.2 yards.
- New Mexico State turned the ball over one more time (18 total) than New Mexico forced turnovers (17) last season.
New Mexico State’s Best Players
- Diego Pavia averaged 110.9 passing yards per outing and completed 13 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added 508 yards on the ground with six touchdowns.
- Star Thomas averaged 40 rushing yards per game and accumulated five rushing touchdowns.
- Justice Powers averaged 33.8 receiving yards and collected one receiving touchdown over the course of the 2022 season.
- Kordell David caught 24 passes last season on his way to 343 yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- Jonathan Brady hauled in 23 passes on his way to 310 receiving yards and three touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year Lazarus Williams put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 6.5 sacks, and added seven TFL and 19 tackles.
- Chris Ojoh put together an excellent stat line last year, collecting 73 tackles, nine TFL, and 5.5 sacks.
- Last year Syrus Dumas intercepted two passes to go along with 25 tackles, two TFL, and two passes defended.