Table of Contents
Star quarterback Donovan Smith and the Houston Cougars (1-1) play the TCU Horned Frogs (1-1) on Saturday at 8:00 PM ET, at John O’Quinn Field at TDECU Stadium.
The Horned Frogs are significant favorites (-7.5) in their game against the Cougars, with the over/under at 62 points. (On the moneyline, the Horned Frogs are -307 and the Cougars are +245.)
Game Info for TCU vs. Houston
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: John O’Quinn Field at TDECU Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
TCU Pick Insights
- TCU has put together a 0-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- TCU is 0-1 against the spread when favored by 7.5 points or more this season.
- TCU has gone over in all of its one games with a set total.
TCU Stats & Insights
- Last year, TCU averaged 6.6 more points per game (38.8) than Houston gave up (32.2).
- TCU was 8-1 against the spread and 10-0 overall in games when it recorded over 32.2 points last year.
- TCU racked up 33.4 more yards per game (455) than Houston allowed per contest (421.6) last year.
- TCU was 6-2 against the spread and 9-0 overall when the team totaled over 421.6 yards last year.
- Last year TCU racked up 193.3 rushing yards per game, 50.4 more than Houston allowed per outing (142.9).
- When TCU ran for more than 142.9 yards last season, it compiled an 8-1 ATS record and a 10-0 overall record.
- TCU turned the ball over three more times (16 total) than Houston forced a turnover (13) last season.
TCU’s Best Players
- Last year Max Duggan produced 3,698 passing yards (246.5 per game), a 63.7% completion percentage, 32 touchdowns, and eight interceptions. He also added 423 rushing yards on 137 carries with nine rushing TDs (averaging 28.2 rushing yards per game).
- Kendre Miller churned out 1,399 rushing yards (93.3 per game) and 17 touchdowns last year.
- Emari Demercado posted 681 rushing yards on 121 carries and six touchdowns last season.
- Quentin Johnston picked up 60 receptions for 1,069 yards and six touchdowns last year. He was targeted 99 times, and averaged 71.3 yards per game.
- Taye Barber produced last season, grabbing 37 passes for 613 yards and five touchdowns. He averaged 40.9 receiving yards per game.
- Derius Davis’ stat line last year: 531 receiving yards, 42 catches, five touchdowns, on 68 targets.
- Dylan Horton did his thing last season with a memorable stat line of 10 sacks, 11 TFL and 44 tackles.
- Last season Jamoi Hodge tallied 90 tackles, nine TFL, 4.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Bud Clark collected five interceptions while adding 41 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended last year.
Houston Betting Insights
- Houston is 1-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Houston has gone over in one of two games with a set total (50%).
Houston Pick Insights
- Last season Houston put up 7.1 more points per game (36.1) than TCU gave up (29).
- Houston was 4-7 against the spread and 7-4 overall last year when the team scored more than 29 points.
- Houston collected 456.1 yards per game last season, 47.9 more yards than the 408.2 TCU allowed per matchup.
- When Houston totaled more than 408.2 yards last year, the team was 3-6 against the spread and 6-3 overall.
- Last season Houston averaged 142.5 yards per game on the ground, 16 fewer than TCU allowed per outing (158.5).
- Houston had a 1-5 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record when the team ran for more than 158.5 yards last year.
- Last year Houston had 19 turnovers, two fewer than TCU had takeaways (21).
Houston’s Best Players
- Clayton Tune averaged 313 passing yards per outing and threw 40 touchdowns last season. In addition, he tacked on 547 yards rushing with five touchdowns.
- Stacy Sneed rushed for 501 yards and five touchdowns last season.
- Nathaniel Dell was targeted 11.9 times per game and racked up 1,398 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns over the course of 2022.
- KeSean Carter averaged 47.6 receiving yards on 4.5 targets per game in 2022, scoring five touchdowns.
- Matthew Golden hauled in 38 passes on his way to 571 receiving yards and seven touchdowns a season ago.
- D’Anthony Jones proved to be a strong defender last year, recording five sacks, eight TFL and 36 tackles.
- Donavan Mutin had an impactful defensive performance last season with 73 tackles and four TFL.
- A year ago Jayce Rogers tallied 39 tackles, two TFL, and three passes defended as well as three interceptions.