Table of Contents
On Saturday at 8:00 PM ET, the Wyoming Cowboys (2-0) will visit the Texas Longhorns (2-0).
The Longhorns are very big favorites (currently -28) in their matchup versus the Cowboys, with the over/under being 48.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Longhorns are -7429 and the Cowboys are +1883.)
Game Info for Texas vs. Wyoming
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: LHN
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Stadium: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Texas Pick Insights
- Texas is 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Texas is 0-1 against the spread when favored by 28 points or more this season.
- In Texas’ two games with a set total, one has hit the over (50%).
Texas Stats & Insights
- Texas averaged 34.5 points per game last year, 10.6 more than Wyoming gave up per matchup (23.9).
- Texas was 7-3 against the spread and 8-2 overall last season when the team recorded over 23.9 points.
- Texas collected 58.8 more yards per game (429.4) than Wyoming gave up per outing (370.6) last year.
- When Texas piled up over 370.6 yards last season, the team was 8-2 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- Last year Texas ran for 34.4 more yards per game (188) than Wyoming allowed per outing (153.6).
- Last year Texas had a 5-2 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record in games the team ran for over 153.6 yards.
- Last year Texas had 12 turnovers, two fewer than Wyoming had takeaways (14).
Texas’ Best Players
- Quinn Ewers’ previous season stat line: 2,177 passing yards (167.5 per game), 172-for-296 (58.1%), 15 touchdowns and six picks.
- Bijan Robinson picked up 1,578 rushing yards (121.4 per game) and 18 touchdowns last season. In the receiving game, he made 19 catches for 314 yards and two scores.
- Roschon Johnson collected 554 rushing yards on 93 carries and five touchdowns last season.
- Xavier Worthy hauled in 60 catches for 760 yards (58.5 per game) while being targeted 111 times. He also scored nine touchdowns.
- Jordan Whittington tacked on 652 yards on 50 grabs with one touchdown. He was targeted 77 times, and averaged 50.2 receiving yards per game.
- Ja’Tavion Sanders reeled in 54 passes on 73 targets for 613 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 47.2 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Barryn Sorrell amassed 5.5 sacks, seven TFL and 40 tackles.
- Last year Jaylan Ford collected 110 tackles, nine TFL, two sacks, and four interceptions.
Wyoming Betting Insights
- Wyoming is 1-0-0 against the spread this season.
- All of Wyoming’s one game with a set total have hit the over.
Wyoming Pick Insights
- Last season Wyoming racked up just 0.4 fewer points per game (21.2) than Texas allowed (21.6).
- Wyoming was 4-2 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games when it scored over 21.6 points last season.
- Wyoming collected 54.9 fewer yards per game (313.6) than Texas allowed (368.5) per matchup last season.
- When Wyoming piled up more than 368.5 yards last season, the team was 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- Last season Wyoming rushed for 55.6 more yards per game (181.4) than Texas allowed per outing (125.8).
- Wyoming had a 5-5 ATS record and a 7-3 overall record when the team ran for more than 125.8 yards last season.
- Wyoming turned the ball over 15 times last year, one more turnover than Texas forced (14).
Wyoming’s Best Players
- Andrew Peasley threw for an average of 121.1 passing yards per game and threw for 10 touchdowns last season. In addition, he tacked on 26.1 yards on the ground per game with two rushing touchdowns.
- Titus Swen compiled 1,039 rushing yards and eight touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Dawaiian McNeely ran for one touchdown on 356 yards a year ago.
- Joshua Cobbs was targeted 5.7 times per game and piled up 407 receiving yards and two touchdowns over the course of 2022.
- Treyton Welch caught 22 passes last season on his way to 308 yards and five receiving touchdowns.
- Wyatt Wieland averaged 23 receiving yards per game on 4.4 targets per game a season ago.
- DeVonne Harris proved to be a relentless defender last year, recording 8.5 sacks, 10 TFL and 48 tackles.
- Easton Gibbs was all over the field last season with 79 tackles, three TFL, and three sacks.
- Last year Cameron Stone intercepted two passes to go along with 22 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended.